1. Performs a full range of simple cooking tasks by preparing and cooking items that require little or no processing such as pancakes, sausage, eggs, hamburgers and fresh or canned vegetables.
2. Prepares hot cereals, broiled meats; prepares and cooks concentrated or dehydrated soups, sauces, and gravies; makes cold sandwich fillings.
3. Prepares convenience items such as frozen hash browns, fish fillets and chicken nuggets. Some cooks at this level prepare and bake pizza.
4. Prepares food by peeling, chopping, grinding, paring, cutting, slicing, dicing, pureeing, dredging, flouring or breading; weighs, measures and assembles ingredients for regular menu items; sets up and replenishes salad bar; portions foods for distribution and meal service, and covers, dates and stores leftovers according to established procedures. Washes and cleans kitchen equipment.
5. Performs other related duties as assigned.RequirementsConditions of Employment
QualificationsWho May Apply: Open to everyone. Applicants will be categorized by preference(s) and/or priority consideration eligibilities. An applicant's eligibility will be determined based on eligibility claimed in the questionnaire and proof of eligibility MUST be provided with application by the closing date,
- This position requires the incumbent to complete a background investigation with favorable result. This position requires that you obtain a food handlers certificate, and pass a pre-employment physical.
Business Based Action, Military Spouse Preference, Outside Applicant Veteran, Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran, and Transition Hiring Preference
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if the position allows for qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.Qualifying Experience:
Must have experience in and knowledge of methods and procedures relating to food preparation and presentation gained in a grill, snack bar, restaurant, club or similar food activity. Ability to follow oral and written instructions, work safely, and do simple arithmetic. Knowledge of operating and cleaning food service equipment, characteristics of various foods, and the ability to season food and decide when foods are done is required. Must be physically able to frequently lift objects weighing up to 40 pounds. Must be able to continuously stand, walk, stoop, reach, push, pull and bend for long periods of time. Must be able to obtain a Food Handler's Certificate and/or complete food handler's training Must be able to read, write and speak English. Successful completion of a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) is required.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:Education
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. This position does not allow for education substitution.FOREIGN EDUCATION:
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying. Additional information
- Information on COVID-19 vaccination requirements may be found at: https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/faq/vaccinations/ .
- Individual must fully meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Direct deposit is required.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
- A probationary period may be required.
- Pre-employment requirements must be satisfactorily met prior to Entrance on Duty (EOD).
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this job opportunity announcement. And additional selections may also be made from this job opportunity announcement.
- Selection(s) are subject to restrictions resulting from hiring preferences and priority consideration eligible.
- This is a Nonappropriated Fund (NAF) position carrying out Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) activities for the Air Force and Space Force.