Financial Reporting Accountant I
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a Financial Reporting Accountant for a one-year, exempt, renewable appointment to provide financial reporting support in the Finance and Administration Department. This position will report to the Senior Financial Reporting Senior Accountant and is based at IFPRI headquarters located in Washington, DC.
Specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Timely preparation of periodic financial reports and invoices for a range of donors.
- Monitor billed and unbilled receivables for delinquent payments and billable cost.
- Implement and maintain reporting procedures to comply with donor requirements.
- Research and identify information for proper crediting of cash received.
- Review deliverable schedules for due invoices.
- Monitor and analyze project spending and commitments.
- Address internal and external inquiries regarding project financial matters.
- Assist with annual and project specific audit.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or other business-related field plus two years of relevant professional experience, or Associate’s degree in accounting or other business related field plus five years of relevant professional experience
- Experience in project based organizations.
- Possess strong analytical skills particularly in indirect cost allocation methods.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to analyze and properly interpret contractual documentation with donors and other parties.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- NGO Experience
- Experience working in Deltek-Costpoint environment
Physical Demand & Work environment
- Employee will sit in an upright position for a long period of time with little opportunity to move/stretch
- Employee will lift between 0-10pounds
- Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing computer terminal; extensive reading
At IFPRI, we prioritize the health, safety and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends. In response to the increased transmissibility with recent COVID-19 variants, all US-based employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and provide proof thereof, as a condition of employment. Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be considered.
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) is an equal employment opportunity employer - F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.