Locations: VA - McLean, United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Agile Delivery Lead
In the Agile Delivery Lead role, you'll ensure your teams' delivery success by leveraging the appropriate Agile methodology (Scrum/Kanban/etc.) to enable predictable, quality delivery while maintaining a focus on the continuous improvement of the team.
In collaboration with an Agile Coach or more experienced Agile Delivery Lead, this individual will optimize team productivity by removing impediments that may obstruct the pursuit of the team's goals and by preserving flexibility and ability to rapidly respond to changes on the team.
The Agile Delivery Lead will join a cross-functional team responsible for
contributing to team success in the following areas: Delivery
- Actively partners with cross-functional stakeholders to deliver initiatives within an Agile delivery culture
- Ensures team(s) deliver prioritized outcomes while maintaining focus on quality, continuous delivery and continuous improvement
- Provides visibility into team progress towards commitments and outcomes
- Understands and guides the team(s) to adhere to delivery controls, policies, procedures and standards to minimize operational/reputational risk in order to be well managed.
- Understands assigned product/technology initiatives and begins applying knowledge toward identification of dependencies as part of overall risk management
- Identifies and communicates technical, performance risks/impediments (including escalation with appropriate stakeholders if required)
- Effectively facilitates team events and delivers clear and concise communications (both written and verbally)
- Utilizes team feedback and metrics (quality, delivery rate, etc.) to identify areas of opportunity and works with team(s) to continuously improve, balancing data with other factors in decision making
- Encourages Agile and Lean principles into team(s) practices and work products increasing collaboration and self-organization
- Is able to explain benefits of Agile and Lean practices to team members and stakeholders
- Coaches Product Owner(s) and team(s) on backlog refinement and prioritization
- Begins applying creativity within basic practices and frameworks to improve the team and their delivery
- Improves skills by actively seeking and participating in a variety of learning opportunities such as Communities of Practice, conferences, classroom training, and independent study to further develop self and community
We are looking for people who can help teams improve efficiency, manage risk and provide visibility to the work being done. If you have experience in delivering technology projects or working in an Agile environment and a passion for learning, consider applying for an Agile Delivery Lead Role at Capital One.
- At least 1 Year of Agile experience
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- 2+ Years of Agile experience
- Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Certified Scrum Professional (CSP), or PMI's Agile Certified Professional (ACP) certification
- Project Management Professional (PMP), Lean, Agile, or Six Sigma certification
- SAFe certified or experience (or other scaled agile frameworks)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment
authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).