802 Delaware Avenue (18052), United States of America, Wilmington, Delaware
Senior Director, Technology Program Management (Remote Eligible)
We are looking for a transformational Delivery leader to join the Retail Bank Technology team. We create game changing software that wins with our customers every single day. Our obsession is making life simpler for everyone who interacts with our products, including the technologists who build them. This is a pivotal role leading our Digital Customer Experience & Payments Agile delivery organization and its people. You will be part of a strong & diverse team working closely with technology & product executives to elevate our speed & quality of execution while acting as the 'connective tissue' of our organization. This person will report to our Vice President, Technology Delivery (Portfolio & Program Management).
As a member of the Portfolio & Program Management team within Capital One's Retail Bank Technology organization, you will apply your strategy, leadership & delivery orientation to improve customer outcomes and increase our efficiency. You will work with smart and passionate people to deliver results that have a direct impact on the company's technology platform. You will take on important and exciting responsibilities from day one, working with key stakeholders across the company. You will also be challenged to excel alongside the brightest talent in the industry and be rewarded for your achievements.
This role is in our technology organization, where we experiment and innovate, leveraging the latest technologies to enable our engineers to create breakthrough customer experiences. Our team of 1,000 engineers makes a daily impact on the banking experience of 65 million Capital One customers. At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. It is important that you share the same sentiment and stay curious constantly asking "what if?"
- Develop a center of excellence for how our software engineers build the right customer outcomes efficiently & with high quality as part of an empowered team
- Partner with product & technology executives to create a strategic vision on delivery
- Improve our ability to deliver key outcomes and continuously improve our performance on key delivery metrics
- Lead a large organization through Inclusive, Empowering & Inspiring People leadership
- Partner with Delivery leaders across the company to advance our culture of delivery across Capital One
- Recruit, develop, and inspire the best agile delivery talent
The Successful Candidate:
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and seamlessly manages multiple priorities
- Thinks strategically, understands the big picture but is also able to execute flawlessly with close attention to detail
- Builds strong relationships, influences across levels and functions, and delivers great results through others
- Asks the tough questions and challenges the status quo
- Solves complex problems and drives action across the organization
- Is able to lead a large, multi-level organization through inclusion, empowerment & inspiration
- Models the right behaviors for the team and helps create a shared sense of leadership and accountability within the team
- Navigates easily between technology and business topics and has a strong understanding of major technology trends
Capital One is open to hiring a Remote Employee for this opportunity.
- Bachelors Degree
- At least 9 years of experience leading technology delivery programs
- At least 7 years of people leadership experience
- At least 10 years of experience leading and growing teams within software delivery oriented roles (agile delivery, TPM)
- 7+ years as a Scrum Master or an Agile project manager for a software development team
- 5+ years of strategy development experience in an Agile environment
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).