RequirementsConditions of Employment
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Identify disease signs and symptoms in poultry.
- Properly dispose of animal carcasses and related materials.
- Conduct cleaning and disinfection procedures.
- Accurately completes government documents and forms and keeps accurate records.
- Communicate effectively with a broad spectrum of coworkers, livestock and poultry producers, and the general public.
- Valid state driver's license is required at the time of application.
QualificationsApplications will be reviewed and referred on a rolling basis.
- You must be a US Citizen or US National.
- Individuals who were born male after 12/31/1959 must be Selective Service registered or exempt.
- Successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit E-Verify at https://www.e-verify.gov/
- Direct Deposit: Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to their financial institution.
- Personal protective equipment may be required for some tasks.
- Selectee will be subject to a pre-employment medical statement and/or exam including respirator fit testing.
- Multiple, multi-week deployments away from the duty station may be required.
Any selectee for this position must be able to report for duty within 14 days of a job offer.
Travel and temporary quarters/hotel costs will be fully covered at the local per diem rate while on deployment(s) for this position.
Applicants must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of the announcement, including specialized experience and/or education, as defined below.FOR THE GS-05 LEVEL:
Applicants must have one year of specialized experience (equivalent to the GS-04 level) that may have been obtained in the private or public (local, county, state, Federal) sectors which demonstrates:
- Working with livestock or poultry in a role such as production, caretaking, assisting a veterinarian, or working in the industry
- Communicating general information about animal or avian health
- Maintaining accurate records and documentation
- Using guidelines or standard operating procedures while working with livestock or poultry
A full four-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree with major study or at least 24 semester hours of courses in zoology, biology, chemistry, or agricultural subjects.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience are qualifying for this grade level.TRANSCRIPTS
are required if:
COMBINATION OF EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE AT THE GS-05 GRADE LEVEL:
- You are qualifying for the position based on education.
- You are qualifying for this position based on a combination of experience and education.
- This education must have been successfully completed and obtained from an accredited school, college, or university
Applicants may have combinations of successfully completed education and specialized experience to meet total qualification requirements. The total percentages must equal at least 100 percent to qualify for that grade level.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.Education
This position does not have an education qualification requirement. Additional information
- Your home address would be your official duty station for this position.
- Travel and transportation costs for training and deployment purposes will be covered by the agency.
- Locality pay will vary based upon your official duty location. A final salary determination will be made upon selection.
- First time hires to the federal government normally start at the lowest rate of the salary range for the grade selected.
- Relocation expenses will not be paid. Any relocation expense associated with reporting to the official duty station will be the responsibility of the selected employee.
- This is a temporary appointment not to exceed 180 working days in one year, which may be extended up to 240 working days in case of additional emergency needs. For more information on temporary appointments click here: Temporary Appointments