RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Receives children, youth, parents, and other visitors in a courteous and professional manner. Answers telephones, ascertains nature of call, and directs caller to appropriate staff.
- Ensures parents, children, youth, and visitors properly sign into the program prior to passing the reception area of the facility. Monitors children?s departure to ensure only authorized individuals remove them from the building.
- Registers/terminates children/youth within the CYS program and/or waiting list database. Utilizes the Child and Youth Management System (CYMS) to record transactions for customers and to enter data into predefined categories for reports and tracking.
- Provides administrative support including mail preparation, copying, distribution, correspondence, memorandums, briefings, Daily Activity Reports, and other requirements for day-to-day operations.
- Articulates policies relating to patron fees, waiting lists, enrollments, terminations, and program events. Coordinates vacancies and reservations for the hourly care program as required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older at time of appointment or placement into the position.
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card are required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/physical/background requirements for this position.
- Must have current health assessment which documents good mental and physical health, freedom from communicable disease, and immunizations in accordance with current Army and DoD policy including annual influenza vaccinations.
- A one year probationary period may be required (either initially or upon conversion, if applicable).
- Successful completion of annual training requirements within the prescribed time frame and demonstrated on the job competence is required.
- May be subject to an irregular hours, evening and or weekends.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) Check.
- Complete and signed DA 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty.
- Travel to on and off post locations may be required.
- Experience working in an office setting which demonstrates skill in applying administrative and clerical procedures; customer service concepts; and communication techniques in a professional environment.
- Experience using office automation to prepare documents, manage files, and maintain records.
- Must have experience in using applications such as Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook).
Highly qualified candidates will possess experience utilizing automated systems for childcare operations.
- Experience working in a professional office setting which required administrative and clerical skill in managing filing systems and maintaining documents, such as attendance records and official correspondence.
- Must possess experience demonstrating customer service and business communication skills.
- Must possess a demonstrated knowledge of correct grammar and composition techniques needed to accurately prepare written material from a variety of sources.
- Must possess demonstrated proficiency in using computers for various applications to include Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Windows, Word, Power Point, Excel, and Outlook). Experience entering and maintaining information into automated databases.
- At least 1 year experience equivalent to the next lower grade level NF-02.
Applicants that possess the highly qualified criteria may be sent first for consideration. Additional certificates will be sent at managements request.
Referrals and selections can be made at either grade.
Full position description can be found here: NF-02 NF-03 Education
This job does not have an education qualification requirement. Additional informationArea of Consideration
- The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is the local commuting area of 50 miles or less of Rivanna Station, VA. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
Allowances, Incentives and PCS Costs:
- If you would like to apply manually, please contact the servicing NAF Human Resources (HRO) listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:00 pm CST on the closing date of this announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner.
- Allowances, differentials, or incentives will not be paid.
- Payment Permanent of Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Additional referrals may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (To view the kit, https://publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/Applicants/NAF%20Applicant%20Information%20Kit%20for%20Army%20NAF%20Childcare%20Positions.pdf
- Information may be requested regarding the vaccination status of selected applicants for the purposes of implementing other workplace safety protocols. For more information, visit https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/faq/vaccinations/ .