Join the Park Authority and our nationally recognized team of professionals! The Fairfax County Park Authority (FCPA) is seeking a Business Analytics Supervisor to be a part of one of the most highly regarded park systems in the country. With more than 25,000 acres of parkland, nine RECenters, eight golf courses, three lakefront parks, and more, FCPA is an exciting organization to be a part of and there are many opportunities for staff to make a difference at every level. This position manages data analysis, performance measurement, and business intelligence capability for key agency initiatives and priorities. As a member of the Business Intelligence and Data Analytics team within the Park Authority Business Office, performs extensive analysis and uses various software and query tools to monitor, clean, analyze, report, and visualize data. Acts as a business partner with other Park Authority divisions, creating data models, reviewing, and analyzing business practices, and identifies gaps/trends/patterns in data. Provides guidance and recommendations to improve data quality, works with business partners to review and analyze new and existing lines of business, presents findings to a variety of audiences.
The assigned functional areas of this position are Data analytics, Performance measurement, Business Administration, or Management. Illustrative Duties
(The illustrative duties listed in this specification are representative of the class but are not an all-inclusive list. A complete list of position duties and unique physical requirements can be found in the position description.)
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Performs a wide range of professional work in multiple administration functions within an organizational unit including analysis and project management;
- May supervise administrative and paraprofessional staff;
- Performs a variety of technical and professional work related to monitoring and reporting on departmental business processes, activities, and outcomes;
- Plans, develops, and implements comprehensive communication and education plans on programs and services for both county agencies and community organizations;
- Assists with developing and conducting special studies and research initiatives, by designing survey instruments, gathering data and information from department staff, developing data analysis tools, conducting statistical analyses, initiating literature reviews, etc.;
- Conducts analysis and reporting of quantitative and qualitative data in order to track and monitor various business process indicators;
- Serves as the point-person and liaison within the department and with central county
- departments regarding a designated program and functional areas of responsibility;
- Prepares reports and presentations of analysis and findings.
(The knowledge, skills and abilities listed in this specification are representative of the class but are not an all-inclusive list.)
Employment StandardsMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:Any combination of education, experience, and training equivalent to the following:
- Knowledge of the mission, goals and objectives of the organizational unit, program or activities to which incumbent is assigned;
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques relating to various functional areas of business operation (e.g., personnel, budgeting and financial management, contract administration and management);
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques governing management, organization, operations and programmatic services;
- Ability to identify and describe a range of possible solutions for solving business problems;
- Ability to apply research methods to design studies and assessments, and statistical analysis techniques to identify patterns and trends in data;
- Ability to use word processing and presentation software to prepare documents, and to use spreadsheet and statistical analysis software packages to store, manipulate, analyze and present data;
- Ability to train, lead, and/or supervise paraprofessional staff.
(Click on the aforementioned link to learn how Fairfax County interprets equivalencies for "Any combination, experience, and training equivalent to") Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelor's degree in the field related to the assigned functional area; plus, two years of professional work experience within the functional area.NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
The appointee to this position will be required to complete a criminal background check, and child protective services registry check to the satisfaction of the employer.
All newly hired employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (two weeks after the last required dose) as a condition of employment or obtain approval of a medical or religious exemption prior to their start date. Proof of an exemption or vaccination status will be required during the pre-employment onboarding process. New employees who obtain an exemption from the vaccine mandate for medical or sincerely held religious beliefs may be subject to a weekly testing requirement. Vaccinated employees and employees with a medical or religious exemption will complete the attestation online on their first day of employment or shortly thereafter.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Analytical skills with the ability to collect, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy. Knowledge of statistics and experience cleaning and analyzing large datasets. Experience working with various business intelligence software and reporting tools, including Microsoft Power BI and Tableau. Experience creating data models, knowledge of data transformation and data management. Experience conducting business and financial analysis and creating performance measures. Experience presenting complex information to a variety of audiences.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Generally sedentary in an office environment. Ability to lift up to 15 lbs. All duties may be performed with or without reasonable accommodations.SELECTION PROCEDURE:
Panel interview and may include exercise.
The population of Fairfax County is very diverse where 39.8% of residents speak a language other than English at home (Spanish, Asian/Pacific Islander, Indo-European, and others
) and we encourage candidates bilingual in English and a foreign language to apply to this opportunity.Fairfax County Government prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics, political affiliation, or military status in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 703-222-7314. EEO/AA/TTY.