Sparks Group has teamed with a federal credit union company and is searching for a qualified and motivated Senior Internal Auditor. The Auditor will assess the organization's internal controls, review audit reports and make appropriate modifications to audit reports based on findings. They will participate in the development of procedures and perform controls testing in accordance with Internal Audit standards. If you are looking for the next step in your career, apply now!Responsibilities
- Prepare and execute audit programs for various lines of business for improved governance, risk management and control processes
- Assist the Internal Audit Manager in maintaining accountability for Internal Audit's audit management software, including the preparation, approval, and maintenance of workpaper documentation
- Monitors the status of prior audit observations and follow up with management to document the completion and implementation of audit and/or exam recommendations.
- Utilize data analytics techniques where applicable to plan / scope audits as well as during project fieldwork
- Coordinate third party audit document requests and contribute to conversations under the supervision of the Vice President of Internal Audit and / or Internal Audit Manager
- Prepare and conduct audit plans including audit scoping, execution and SOX audits
- Conduct assurance testing to assess governance, risk management and control processes
- Collaborate with teams on advisory projects; assist with planning, performance and reporting of internal audits and discuss significant findings with senior management
- Perform other tasks as need/required
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Systems, or related field; Master's Degree preferred
- 3+ years of work experience related
- Active industry license such as CPA, CISA or CIA preferred
- Fundamental understanding of risk management frameworks (COSO, COBIT, etc.), internal control practice directives, and experience in applying them to perform evaluations of various operations functions
- Fundamental understanding of risk management frameworks, internal control practice directives, and experience in applying them to perform evaluations of various operations functions
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving capabilities; experience with data analytics software a major plus (e.g., ACL, IDEA, Arbutus, Tableau (Desktop, Server, Prep), etc.)
- Experience and subject matter expertise with financial service-specific core and lending software a plus
- Excellent communication skills with ability to think critically and analytically
----------Download the Sparks Group Jobs mobile app from Apple App Store or Google Play .
Qualified candidates should send their resume AND call Sparks Group
for additional details. Please note, resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered. We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group
Sparks Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy, citizenship, family status, genetic information, disability, or protect veteran status.