The successful Group Reservations Coordinator will have previous hotel reservation experience, and excellent administrative as well as customer service skills. The Group Coordinator is responsible for completing and managing reservations for various events that Expovision supports via phone, forms or email. Candidate should be highly organized and able to work in a fast-paced, high-volume company. This person should have the drive and passion to support customers using their hotel experience in a different setting.
Group Reservations Coordinator Responsibilities
- Contact Groups prior to event opening for formal introduction, providing necessary information during the event hotel reservation process.
- Assist Group contacts with booking rooms & suites to history and event flow pattern.
- Follow-up communication on a regular basis with VIP/Exhibitor Groups to confirm their hotel needs and changes for each event.
- Reservations data entry via phone, form, and email.
- Handle reservation requests coming in through event phone lines and event email boxes.
- Become familiar with the various cities and hotels where the contracted events are held.
- Learn and review procedures periodically to keep up with accuracy.
- Manage requests for reservation changes, additions and cancellations through the system.
- Manage block and flow requirements with Group contacts.
- Retrieve messages via phone, event boxes or e-mail and respond professionally to guests in a timely fashion.
- Provide excellent customer service in order to achieve group and guest satisfaction.
- Responsibilities may include event email box reservation follow-up, hotel closeout processing, reporting, and hotel rooming list coordination.
- Assist with other areas as needed.
Group Reservations Coordinator Requirements
- A minimum of 3-5 years of Hotel Reservation and/or Hotel Front Desk experience required.
- Demonstrated experience with data entry with a hotel reservation system for city-wide events.
- Experience working with hotel group bookings, sales or larger blocks a plus.
- Excellent customer service and time management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Extremely detailed oriented and organized.
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to anticipate and deal with situations and challenges as they arise and developing solutions and implementing a plan of action for resolution.
- Work well under pressure while being self-motivated and have ability to work independently in home office. Comfortable working remotely.
- Ability to meet individual deadlines for groups while working in a team environment.
- Comfortable multi-tasking daily duties and projects especially during our busy event cycles.