Plano 1 (31061), United States of America, Plano, Texas
Senior Risk Manager
As a Senior Risk Manager in Capital One's Data Governance and Risk Management team, you will apply your project management and analytical skills to our highest profile Risk Management projects and initiatives. You will lead a team of Risk Specialists responsible for working across the enterprise to develop and implement cutting edge Risk solutions to ensure Capital One's continued stability and success. This role will own the Design & implementation of data controls that support risk mitigation within External Data Sharing and Privacy for Financial Services (FS). This leader will partner with several Enterprise teams to not only ensure Financial Services is adhering to Enterprise standards and requirements but also influence the direction of Enterprise Processes. Continuous process improvement, risk advisory to the lines of business and leading a small team of External Data Sharing and Privacy Data Risk associates are key accountabilities for the role.
Senior Risk Managers at Capital One are highly motivated Risk Management professionals with excellent project management and communication skills. They have a high level of exposure across lines of business and the opportunity to work with Executives to create and implement innovative solutions to identify and mitigate potential risks to the Company. Responsibilities:
- Understanding, documenting and analyzing current state capabilities regarding one or more Risk methods. Leverage industry benchmarking to determine best practices and lessons learned regarding components of the Risk framework.
- Write and revise documents such as policies, standards, procedures, and guidelines. Develop and enhance processes, tools, templates, and job aides. Write, contribute to, edit, and deliver presentations that aide in the design, development, refinement, and usage of Risk methods.
- Collaborate effectively across multiple organizations such as Operational Risk Management, Enterprise Risk Management, Compliance, Business Risk Offices, Operational Risk Sub-Steward organizations, Information Technology, Basel Program, Internal Audit, Regulator Relations, etc. to achieve objectives.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of Financial Services Risk Management Experience
- At least 5 years of Project Management experience
- At least 7 years of experience supporting, partnering and interacting with internal business clients
- At least 7 years of Project Management experience leading cross functional projects and programs in Risk
- At least 7 years of Financial Services risk management experience
- At least 2 years of people leadership
- PMP Certification or Masters Certificate of Project Management (CPM)
- IAPP's Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) Certification
- Ability to set direction, manage expectations and lead cross-functional teams
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).