Locations: Sales - CA - San Francisco, United States of America, San Francisco, California
Lead Software Engineer, Full Stack (Remote-Eligible)
Do you love building and pioneering in the technology space? Do you enjoy solving complex business problems in a fast-paced, collaborative, inclusive, and iterative delivery environment? At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We are seeking Full Stack Software Engineers who are passionate about marrying data with emerging technologies. As a Capital One Lead Software Engineer, you'll have the opportunity to be on the forefront of driving a major transformation within Capital One.
What You'll Do:
- Lead a portfolio of diverse technology projects and contribute on a team of engineers with deep experience in data pipelines, microservices, and full stack development to create solutions applying financial models and Machine Learning
- Be responsible for infrastructure, data, models, and calculations that govern Debt Capital Markets activity within Capital One Commercial banking, and our derivatives trading to manage our risks
- Share your passion for staying on top of tech trends, experimenting with and learning new technologies, participating in internal & external technology communities, mentoring other members of the engineering community
- Program in Java, Python, SQL and Typescript, using Spring, React & Angular, Postgres, Snowflake, Docker containers, and a variety of AWS technologies including Lambda, S3, ECS, EMR, Fargate, RDS
Capital One is open to hiring a Remote Employee for this opportunity.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 6 years of experience in software engineering (Internship experience does not apply)
- At least 1 years experience with cloud computing (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud)
- Master's Degree
- 3+ years of experience with AWS specifically
- 4+ years of experience in open source frameworks
- 1+ years of team lead experience
- 3+ years of experience in Agile practices
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).