Depatment Marketing Statement: Do you have a passion for public transit, data science, research, and analytics? Do you want to help Metro undertake complex planning-oriented analyses to inform executive decision-making and improve our customers' experience? Are you passionate about leveraging data to improve transit operations and performance? If you said yes to any of these questions, you have experience with Python, SQL, or other data analysis/visualization tools - you might be the next Operations Research Analyst on the Capital Systems Intelligence team in Metro's Planning office. Delivering service and maintaining our infrastructure is increasingly data-driven, and so data science has become central to WMATA's operations and decision-making. As an Operations Research Analyst on the CSI team, you will join a dynamic, growing team tasked with helping to define and achieve WMATA's strategic priorities and address its most pressing challenges shaping data and influencing critical decisions that affect millions of people in the Washington Metropolitan Area. Project topics may include the full range of CSI's work, including service, performance, operations, fare policy, the customer experience, geospatial travel demand, location-based services (LBS) data, ridership, customer impacts of policy proposals, and more
. Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Business Administration or related field
- Minimum of four (4) years of work experience (including internships) performing Data Science, Statistical or Industrial Engineering related work activities
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification or equivalent
- Master's Degree in Statistics, Business Administration or related field
Satisfactorily complete the medical examination for this position, if required. The incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of this position either with or without reasonable accommodations. Summary
As a member of the Executive Vice President of Strategy, Planning and Program Management, Strategic Initiatives Group, this position works on key strategic projects that seek to secure long-term improvements across all WMATA departments. The position involves research, analysis, solution design, implementation and evaluation of process improvement projects in support of operational departments. The Senior Operations Analyst position is required to build relationships at all levels of the Authority to secure lasting improvements in the way the Authority operates. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Gathers a broad range of quantitative and qualitative data using data collection methods suitable for the specific business environment, including surveys, workshops, interviews, and task analysis in order to build a deep understanding of business problems
- Conducts analysis of quantitative and qualitative data to identify the root causes of a variety of business problems
- Converts findings from analyses into actionable recommendations and implementable solutions
- Produces a high volume of high-quality documents to support the design, communication and implementation of findings and recommendations, including but not limited to business process maps, slide presentations, dashboards, policies and procedures
- Leads the execution of tasks and deliverables across projects to convert evidence-based research findings and recommendations into implemented solutions that are beneficial to the organization. This includes but is not limited to research, analysis, stakeholder engagement, implementation, change management, evaluation and monitoring
- Builds and manages relationships with a broad range of stakeholders and partners at all levels of the organization, enabling deep understanding of business problems and implementation of lasting solutions.
- The essential duties listed are not intended to limit specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Nor is it intended to limit in any way the right of managers and supervisors to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
Consideration will be given to applicants whose resumes demonstrate the required education and experience. Applicants should include all relevant education and work experience.
Evaluation criteria may include one or more of the following:
- Skills and/or behavioral assessment
- Personal interview
- Verification of education and experience (including certifications and licenses)
- Criminal Background Check (a criminal conviction is not an automatic bar to employment)
- Medical examination including a drug and alcohol screening (for safety sensitive positions)
- Review of a current motor vehicle report
WMATA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable federal law.
This posting is an announcement of a vacant position under recruitment. It is not intended to replace the official job description. Job descriptions are available upon confirmation of an interview.