The Housing Analyst helps to plan, develop, and implement housing projects, policies and programs that contribute to the Housing Master Plan targets and strategies under general direction from the Housing Program Manager. Examples of tasks include evaluating affordable housing development and financing proposals; assisting with stakeholder engagement and communication; conducting data analysis and reporting; reviewing development applications; and participating in small area planning. Work is performed with considerable independence, initiative and judgment within established policies, procedures, and practices; involves both self-guided and teamwork; and requires strong oral and written communication skills.The Opportunity
- Works on a range of multi-faceted housing policy initiatives and development projects;
- Under the direction of the Housing Program Manager, works on the analysis of affordable housing development and financing proposals;
- Under the direction of the Housing Program Manager, represents the Office of Housing on internal panels and committees, and proposes housing and planning policies in response to a variety of housing and land use issues;
- Participates in the preparation and presentation of staff reports, housing contribution analyses, recommendations and other necessary documents to the City Manager, City Council, boards, groups, and/or committees;
- Under the direction of the Housing Program Manager, works on building partnerships with community associations, private, non-profit, and other local and regional government agencies to accomplish key goals of the City and Office of Housing;
- Maintains effective relationships with all segments of the housing community, including, tenants, property owners/managers, developers, the Alexandria Redevelopment and Housing Authority (ARHA) and non-profit housing developers, neighborhood and civic associations, and other stakeholders; and
- Performs related communications, analytical, and administrative work as required.
Four Year College Degree and three years of experience in affordable housing, urban studies/planning, public or business administration, community development, or a related field to include coordinating and monitoring housing development projects and writing reports; or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.About the Department
The Office of Housing coordinates and administers City housing and housing-related programs and services and makes recommendations to the City Manager and City Council on housing policy and potential affordable housing investments. For a broader view of our City government click here , or for a broader view of the City of Alexandria click here .