Engineer - Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical
U.S. Citizenship Required
Partial telework option possible
Quality Systems Applications, Inc.
QSA is a progressive engineering and information technology firm in Arlington, VA. QSA provides a customer-oriented, friendly working environment; and is looking for an enthusiastic individual to become an integral member of a team that rewards self-motivation, dedication, and high-quality professional work. Successful candidates will join a small, highly productive team with a proven record of success. We are looking for a technically-minded professional with strong self-direction and interpersonal skills; an excellent communicator, both verbally and written.
Candidate responsibilities include: providing technical analysis in support of Navy shipbuilding program to resolve planning, design, material, or other issues; performing analysis of production, inspection, and testing data; and determining required corrective action based on manufacturing trends and QA results. The candidate will also assist with investigations of issues involving manufacturing processes, assess the adequacy of corrective action, and work with different organizations involved in the solution. Additional responsibilities include summary presentations on technical topics related to inspection, testing, and quality assurance.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and must be able to obtain a security clearance.
Ability and willingness to travel as required in support of the customer.
Office location is in Arlington, VA. Flexible hybrid work schedule.
- BS degree in an engineering discipline (Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical or Industrial)
- 2 to 5 years of experience in manufacturing, QA, or shipbuilding
- Understanding of manufacturing, inspection, and testing processes
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Expertise with MS Office products, especially Excel, a must.
- Strong self-direction and initiative.
- Ability to work independently with Navy customers and other contractors.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with team members
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and time-management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills with an ability to professionally communicate issues that need to be escalated.
QSA offers a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, health savings plan, profit sharing, paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO). Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay.