CDAS requires the User Experience (UX) Designer, Level III
to support the customer by applying extensive knowledge of interactive web design tools and web technologies (e.g., Cascading Style Sheets (CSS3), Hyper Text Markup Language (HTML5), Adobe Creative products, Bootstrap, or other design frameworks), experience designing user-centered web-based products (from concept to execution, including those for desktop, web, and mobile devices), and application of visual media design principles, theory, practices, user-centered web design principles and UX processes. The User Experience (UX) Designer, Level III
starts with a deep understanding of the goals of customers and the business so that they can create experiences that delight. User Experience (UX) Designer, Level III
will be well-versed in all aspects of current visual design standards and trends and will be responsible for managing project design reviews, resource planning, and execution for all project work related to visual design. The User Experience (UX) Designer, Level III
demonstrates analytic, communication, time-management skills, and possesses creative and artistic ability. Responsibilities
- Conduct design evaluations for the customer's web enterprises to enable the build out of respective web designs to enhance the user experience.
- Create and deliver design educational and informational briefs.
- Work with UI/UX Research and Development teams to evaluate ideas and concepts, assist with making critical decisions affecting the user experience and incorporate varying stages of the design to the UX process.
- Create and implement Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), HTML5 markup language, and other markup languages as needed to support design implementation.
- Define the design rationale, explain visual choices to cross-functional teams, and express concepts verbally and visually.
- Create detailed wireframes for complex web and mobile applications.
- Collaborate with internal and external teams and application users to conceptualize, design, and prototype excellent user experiences while maintaining functionality and simple workflows.
- Participate in design activities to identify new product ideas and optimize existing products.
- Research and implement modern web technologies to create innovative user interfaces and improve workflow efficiency.
- Share ideas with internal teams on best practices around information architecture, interaction, and visual designs, usability, and supporting technologies.
- Develop thoughtful recommendations on information architecture, user experience, accessibility compliance, and use of graphics, mobile optimization, responsiveness, and other web best practices.
- Develop estimates on scope and duration of work required for individuals or team(s) to deliver client requirements.
- Design new user-facing products by transforming an idea from scientific presentations to websites to online productivity tools.
- Write efficient, reusable code to update and expand an existing design system to support content libraries for future use.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Collaborate with UI/UX team members during design and content reviews to refine user experiences.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure best practices.
- Create products and services adhering to brand guidelines to facilitate future digital transformation.
- Translate architecture and other technical solutions into design products.
- Apply results of web usability testing and web user research studies.
- Demonstrate an understanding for UX and the execution of its principles toward research, content, and design.
- Demonstrate visual expertise, including gathering raw data from various sources and developing comprehensive and visually engaging designs.
- Thoughtful recommendations on use of graphics, mobile optimization, accessibility compliance, and other web best practices.
- Consult with client to define the strategy needed to expand and enhance product in both scope of content and technical features.
- Provide thoughtful recommendations on use of graphics, mobile optimization, accessibility compliance, and other web best practices.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Certificate and/or bachelor's degree and/or high school diploma or GED and an additional 4+ years of equivalent experience within the field
- 7+ years of experience providing user experience design
- US citizen
- TS/SCI clearance
- The position requires a COVID vacciation or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief
- Intermediate technical experience in creating and implementing UI elements that are flexible enough to be displayed on multiple browsers, screen sizes, platforms, and devices.
- Produce designs, user interfaces graphics, and corresponding visual elements that adherence to the Style Guide.
- Intermediate experience with web-based scripting languages and familiar with designing for multiple browsers and platforms.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing web design software (Adobe Master Collection CS6/Adobe Creative Cloud) applications (Dreamweaver, Illustrator, and Photoshop).
- Demonstrated experience designing products for front-end development and web applications.
- Demonstrated experience applying best practices for web accessibility, usability, and technical implementation.
- Demonstrated experience creating, editing, organizing, and storing digital file formats (e.g., tiff, gif, png, pdf, jpg, svg, html, css).
- Minimum 3 years of experience implementing industry standards for user experience methodologies, design technical resources, and web best practices.
- Nielsen Norman Group UX certified.
#Chenega Defense & Aerospace Solutions, LLC
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program