Westat is an employee-owned corporation providing research services to agencies of the U.S. Government, as well as businesses, foundations, and state and local governments. Westat's research, technical, and administrative staff of more than 2,000 is located at our headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, near Washington, DC.
Westat is committed to building a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity, belonging and equity for all. We believe that our greatest strength draws on the different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives and experiences of our employees.Job Summary:
Westat has an immediate opening for a research associate who will lead and collaborate on research activities including developing and implementing study designs, data analysis and preparation of journal manuscripts, presentations and reports. We are looking for an innovative, creative person to work collaboratively in our multidisciplinary tobacco research sector. You will work closely with team members with backgrounds in tobacco regulatory science, statistics, public health, psychology, data science, analytics, behavioral pharmacology, and other areas on the Population Assessment of Tobacco and Health (PATH) Study, the Center for Coordination of Analytics, Science, Enhancement and Logistics (CASEL) in Tobacco Regulatory Science, and other research efforts. You will be an integral member of this team.
This position is remote eligible.Job Responsibilities:
• Collaborate on the development of innovative solutions to important tobacco research questions and issues.
• Guide teams on high-profile projects that produce results.
• Collaborate with study directors and project managers on the day-to-day operations of project tasks.
• Work with clients, subject matter experts, principle investigators, study directors and others to understand project requirements and translate them to the broader team, ensuring appropriate delegation and completion of the work.
• Work with a team to understand project and task requirements and collaborate with colleagues to ensure work is completed on time and at the highest quality standards.
• Collaborate on the development and writing of reports, presentations and journal manuscripts using data from a variety of sources.
• Be a key contributor to proposals and applications for grants, contracts and cooperative agreements focused on critical tobacco regulatory and tobacco control research topics.Basic qualifications:
• A master's degree in public health sociology, psychology, communications, public administration, marketing or a related field with 3 years of experience working in a research setting.
• A PhD in public health, sociology, psychology, communications, public administration, marketing or a related field. Minimum Qualifications:
• Strong communication skills, administrative abilities, and the capability to handle multiple tasks while working with a team are essential.
Westat offers a well-rounded and comprehensive benefits program focused on wellness and work/life balance. Eligible employees may participate in:
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Parental Leave
- Vacation Leave
- Sick Leave
- Holiday Leave
- Professional Development
- Health Advocate
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
Protecting the health and safety of our employees and survey participants is a top priority for Westat. As a federal government contractor, Westat will require Westat staff, regardless of work location, to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon hire and to follow all safety protocols, subject to approved accommodations under applicable law.
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or any other protected status under applicable law.