Technical Consultant, Change Management Lead (C2)
Position title: Technical Consultant, Change Management Lead (C2)
Position #: 127748
The Change Management Lead in the Division of Information Technology (DIT) at the University of Maryland is responsible for planning change management strategies for primarily technology transformation efforts. This includes evaluating organizational change readiness, developing communications, training strategies, and developing necessary assets. The incumbent will work with project stakeholders to develop and deliver necessary change management strategies and monitor execution.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in social science
- At least 5 years of demonstrated change management experience in industry or academic settings
- At least 3 years leading change management or organizational change initiatives
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Understanding of change management practices and methodologies
- Experience leading change and/or business process improvement efforts
- Experience developing change management related assets (assessment surveys, communications strategy, training plans, etc.)
- Ability to employ active listening and convert complex ideas into consumable messages
- Superior analytical, logical reasoning, and problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively communicate clearly, logically, and consistently in writing and verbally
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- Ability to effectively work as a team and independently
- Masters degree in related field
- Experience developing training strategies
- Experience in higher education
- Management experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Preferred)
- Change management certification (e.g., PROSCI)
- Medical, dental , and vision coverage designed to help you and your family live a healthy lifestyle.
- Flexible work opportunities
- UMCP Tuition Remission for employees, and their dependents to grow and achieve greatness.
- Generous paid time off package to address work/life balance and maintain well-being.
- Retirement Benefits created to aid employees in reaching future retirement goals.
- And many more…
**This position does not provide sponsorship for Visas.
• Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines.
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers required to operate a computer keyboard or mouse, and to handle other computer components
Best consideration date: 10/17/2022 or open until filled
Please apply at: https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/100203
Vaccine protocol: The University of Maryland has made the safety of our students, faculty and staff, and our surrounding communities a top priority. As part of that commitment, the University System of Maryland (USM) recently announced that students, faculty, and staff on USM campuses this fall, including UMD, are required to be vaccinated against COVID. As a prospective and/or a new employee at UMD, you will be required to comply with the University’s vaccination protocol. Proof of full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work at any University of Maryland location. Prospective or new employees may seek a medical or religious exemption to the vaccination requirement at return.umd.edu and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Failure to provide proof of vaccination or to obtain approval for a medical or religious exemption will result in the offer of employment being rescinded.
Background Check: Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background check. Information reported by the background check will not automatically disqualify you from employment.