Adventist HealthCare seeks to hire an experienced Human Resources Generalist who will embrace our mission to extend God's care through the ministry of physical, mental and spiritual healing.
As a Human Resources Generalist you will:
• Performs day-to-day HR functions (employee relations support, unemployment administration, benefit administration and liaison, operational metrics tracking (i.e. worker's compensation, Family Medical Leave, etc., Licensure,), and assists with HR files during CHAP audits
• Takes initiative to improve the service level by assessing processes and programs and working with the HR Business Partner (HRBP) to refine same.
• Assists in implementation and administration of HR policies and procedures and trains managers on various policies and practices.
• Works collaboratively with the HRBP to provide excellent human resources support across all Adventist Home Care and Adventist Home Assistance locations by working with leadership and staff to promote and successfully accomplish AHC initiatives - Personal Wellness Profile, PDP, Learning Suite, engagement surveys, etc.
• Assists leadership and staff by answering questions and providing training in various areas including, but not limited to, Adventist Gateway system, Peoplesoft Manager and Employee Self Service, Learning Suite- PDP, and Kronos, etc.
• Facilitates onboarding process to include but not limited to E-Verify process, coordinates new hire orientation and conducts the Human Resources portion of new hire orientation
• Acts as the back-up to the HRBP as needed.
• Maintaining HR file room with appropriate compliance documents and Electronic Filing/Image Silo uploading
• Bachelor's degree in HR or a related field
• 2-4 years of HR experience
• PHR or SHRM-CP preferred
At Adventist HealthCare our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
• Work life balance through non-rotating shifts
• Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
• Free Employee parking
• Competitive comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability,
PTO and 403B retirement plan with matching and 3 year vesting)
• 100% Coverage for inpatient care at Adventist HealthCare facilities - after co-pay
• 100% Coverage for AHC-partnered urgent care
As a faith-based organization, with over a century of caring for the communities in the Maryland area, Adventist HealthCare has earned a reputation for high-quality, compassionate care. Adventist HealthCare was the first and is the largest healthcare provider in Montgomery County.
If you want to make a difference in someone's life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
Join the Adventist Healthcare team today! Apply now to be considered.
On-Site Monday through Thursday, 8:00am to 5:00pm, and Friday 8:00am to 3:00pm
Adventist HealthCare requires all applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and , if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at a n designated Adventist HealthCare location.
Tobacco and Drug Statement
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine and drug use.
While some jurisdictions, including Maryland, permit the use of marijuana for medical purposes, marijuana continues to be classified as an illegal drug under the federal Controlled Substances Act. As a result, medical marijuana use will not be accepted as a valid explanation for a positive drug test result.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine) and marijuana. Those testing positive are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to attracting, engaging, and developing the best people to cultivate our mission-centric culture. Our goal is to have a welcoming, equitable, and safe place to work and grow for all employees, no matter their background. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Adventist HealthCare will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities, in accordance with applicable law. Adventist HealthCare is a religious organization as defined under applicable law; however, it will endeavor to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants' religious beliefs.
Applicants who wish to request accommodations for disabilities or religious belief should contact the Support Center HR Office.