West Creek 2 (12072), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Manager, Risk Management
Risk Managers in Card Data Management are highly motivated Risk and Data Management professionals with excellent organization, problem-solving, influence and communication skills. These individuals will have the opportunity to make sure that the US Card organization is not only in compliance with data standards and practices but also producing high quality, consistently usable data.
As part of the US Card's Data Management team, you will apply your analytical, risk management, data management, and process management skills to support the adoption and compliance of the Data Management Strategy. The successful candidate will become part of a team of Card Data Management Advisors (CDMAs) who serve as liaisons within the Card organization's data community to advise and support on topics related to data management. This role plays a critical part in ensuring that the organization is not only compliant but also well managed with it's data.
As a CDMA, you will be aligned with several data producer areas and will work very closely within those areas on critical data priorities, such as Data Ethics and Privacy Office (CCPA & any other consumer privacy legislation), Cyber (CETP - Cyber Event Tech Program), and SCAN. In addition, you will partner with the data producer area to ensure compliance with Enterprise Data Management policy and standards. All of the above are critical priorities for the Card organization and this role will provide the necessary expertise to enable the organization to effectively govern the most critical data in our data ecosystem and have the opportunity to influence data management practices on modernized, cloud-based data platforms.
You will collaborate across the Card organization and with stakeholders across the enterprise on initiatives to help drive transformation and change necessary to achieve Data Management strategic objectives and reduce data risk.
- Serve as interdepartmental liaison within the Card organization, interfacing with multiple data producing areas
- Drive remediation of compliance gaps within aligned producer areas
- Gather data and reporting; perform initial analysis or potentially evaluate data provided by team analysts
- Manage, implement and deliver on a subset of the Data Management Program deliverables
- Design and implement internal governance processes
- Identify opportunities to streamline, automate and enhance our data governance practices, processes and controls
- Perform gap assessments and create recommendations to ensure progress towards organizational adoption of data management transformation
- Coordinate with 2nd line of defense advisors, external auditors and regulators to address audit and exam requests and drive/assist with issue remediation
- At least a Bachelor's Degree or military experience with at least 3 years of Risk Management experience OR at least 5 years of Risk Management experience
- At least 3 years of Project Management experience
- At least 3 years of experience supporting, partnering and interacting with internal business clients
- 3+ years of audit, data governance or data management experience
- 3+ years of data analysis and data visualization experience
- 5+ years of Risk Management experience
- 5+ years of Project Management experience
- 5+ years of experience supporting, partnering and interacting with internal business clients
- PMP Certification or Masters Certificate of Project Management (CPM)
- Master's degree in Business Management, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics or Project Management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).