Center 2 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Business Manager - Enterprise Payments
Unlike many other banks and financial services competitors, the Business Manager at Capital One truly sits at the center of finance, data, product, and technology. Capital One's Enterprise Payments organization processes over $4 Trillion in transactions every year. As a Business Manager within Capital One's Retail Bank and Enterprise Payments team, you'll work closely with senior leaders, technologists, and partner teams across the enterprise to develop data and technology driven insights to our business' most pressing issues, in a marketplace which is changing rapidly.
What is most notable about this role is the variety of analytical projects and stakeholders you will interact with on a day-to-day basis. The job will constantly involve improving our data quality and collection, enhancing the way we report and visualize this data, and analyzing the data to develop strategic insights and drive financial impact on the business. In addition to the front line business itself, Business Managers will frequently work with Data, Software Engineering, Product, Finance, Credit, and Portfolio Management & Underwriting teams. The insights gained from these projects are highly valued by senior leaders throughout the enterprise.
Examples of recent projects include:
- Developing recommendations to leadership related to consolidating and/or discontinuing payment initiation platforms to minimize arbitrary uniqueness
- Creating a robust analytical framework for reducing risk related to wire approval authority across the enterprise, and influencing change across Capital One
- Determining data-driven methodologies for identifying and extracting payments-applicable information from across enterprise-wide systems
- Evaluating customer response to a new economic environment and influencing strategic directions
- Strategic & analytic orientation: A proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics. Identify business challenges and opportunities for improvement and then solve for them using analysis to make strategic or tactical recommendations. Conceptual thinking skills must be complemented by a strong quantitative orientation, given that a large part of the business is based on rigorous analytics and credit risk management
- Leadership : May manage and develop 1-3 analysts. Coaching and mentoring associates with a goal of developing and retaining talent at Capital One
- Solid people leadership experience : Ability to build and leverage the capabilities of a high-performing team, as well as business partners across the enterprise. Foster innovation, drive critical decisions, hold business partners accountable, and be able to consistently deliver results
- Product : Develop and implement new product and pricing strategies for various solutions, including Commercial Lending, Capital Markets, Treasury Management and Deposit Services, and Corporate Credit Cards. Lead product level modeling/analytics
- Credit Risk : Drive step-change improvements in credit performance by connecting drivers of future consumer credit trends to historical behavior, creating risk models, and testing hypotheses using rigorous monitoring and analysis
- Execution : Manage and sequence delivery of business intent, build business requirements and execute against the product strategy. Oversee multiple projects and programs concurrently
- Clear results orientation : Display an intense focus on achieving both short and long term goals. Drive and execute an agenda in an uncertain and fluid environment
- Marketing : Build targeted insights to inform the design and development of new customer experiences, as well as breakthrough technology and concepts designed to deliver on new go-to-market strategies
- Partnership : Work closely with colleagues across Capital One including: Technology, Sales, Operations, Finance, Product, and others to drive improvement in quality, volume, and profitability
- Strong business judgment, leadership and integrity: Be a tenacious decision maker, able to bring a healthy, aggressive, yet responsible approach to business
- Strong executive communication skills: Impeccable written and oral communication credentials, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal, and negotiation skills
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 2 years of experience in analysis
- Master's Degree
- At least 5 years of experience in analysis
- At least 2 years of experience in people management
- At least 2 years of experience in financial services
- At least 1 year of experience in consulting
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).