Venturi, LLC, a Chenega company, has a challenging career opportunity for an Operations Technician II
who will work as part of an operations team responsible for general transportation of cargo, including hazardous materials and will perform general warehouse work and material handling. Responsibilities
- Perform extremely high-profile work for the Department of Defense.
- Provide technical support engineering for following specific instructions, assembling, or constructing simple or standard equipment or parts and servicing or repairing simple instruments or equipment.
- Provide technical support engineering for conducting a variety of tests using established methods of preparing test specimens, adjusting and operating equipment, recording test data, and pointing out deviations resulting from equipment malfunction or observational errors.
- Provide technical support engineering for extracting engineering data from various prescribed but non-standardized sources, processing the data following well-defined methods, including elementary algebra and geometry, and present the data in prescribed form.
- Function independently to resolve problems.
- Perform fleet planning and operation.
- Operate test and diagnostic equipment.
- Operate handling equipment.
- Operate/drive various vehicles.
- Other duties as assigned
Desired skill-set includes:
- High school diploma or GED required
- 2+ years of experience performing process-oriented technical procedures in a team setting
- Candidate must be computer literate (operate and update automated web-based data system) and competent in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Mail)
- Candidate must be physically able to lift boxes, packages, and equipment weighing up to 100 pounds using proper equipment and lifting techniques
- Personnel may be required to perform strenuous walking, pushing, and lifting tasks and may have to stand for extended periods of time
- Personnel will be expected to demonstrate precise documentation skills
- Interim secret security clearance required on day one
- Must be able to obtain/maintain secret clearance for the duration of the contract
- This position requires travel. Per a directive from our customer, the individual hired for this position must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and must show evidence of vaccination upon hire.
Executive Order 13495, The Non Displacement of Qualified Workers Under Service Contracts provide first right of refusal to incumbents on contracts. If the position is accepted by the incumbent on the job, other application/resume of non-incumbents will not be reviewed.
- Heavy equipment operations, general material handling and warehousing with experience handling hazardous materials and leading teams in technical processes
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program