The job of Buyer II was established for the purpose/s of performing responsible professional work in the procurement of a wide variety of materials, supplies, equipment, and services used in all school division departments and offices. The work of this job involves the preparation of purchase descriptions, charting and analyzing bid tabulations, and determining the lowest responsible bidder. An individual in this job monitors contracts and vendor performance, researches new products, and may provide technical guidance and assistance to associated staff. The work is performed under the supervision of the Procurement Manager.QualificationsEducation:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor's degree in business administration, management, public policy, public administration, or related field preferred. Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB) certification is preferred.Experience: Job-related
experience with increasing levels of responsibility is required.Key Competencies:
- Knowledge of purchasing methods and procedures including buying, inspecting, and shipping methods
- Knowledge of various grades and qualities of commodities, supply sources, price trends and markets, laws,
- Ordinances, rules, and regulations governing purchasing operations;
- Knowledge of the needs of user agencies;
- Ability to prepare technical specifications, invitations to bid, and analyze bids;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with vendors, user agencies, employees, and the general public;
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Processes and completes moderately complex purchase orders.
- Assists other staff to perform their jobs for the purpose of maintaining adequate workflow.
- Conducts competitive solicitations within the delegated signature authority, including preparation of solicitation materials, for the purpose of coordinating the competitive process, determining the award, and administering the resulting contract.
- Confers with vendors for the purpose of clarifying bid requirements, initiates clarifying addendums to solicitations, and responds to vendor and public inquiries.
- Determines the need to establish school division-wide requirements contracts and the availability of existing contracts with other municipalities for the purpose of deciding whether division requirements could be met by them and initiates documents to allow school division participation.
- Keeps abreast of new products, purchasing innovations, and pertinent legal developments by participating in purchasing conferences, attending applicable trade shows and expositions, and conducting research for the purpose of maintaining informational expertise in products and services.
- Obtains from departments, or assists departments in preparing specifications for materials, supplies, services, and equipment for the purpose of requiring sealed bids or proposals.
- Obtains Informal written price quotations from vendors submitted with departmental requisitions, for the purpose of verifying price quotations obtained by user departments, and authorizes the issuance of a purchase order.
- Prepares correspondence and reports for the purpose of documenting department needs.
- Provides information and other input for the purpose of assisting the formulation of guidelines and regulations governing the purchase of goods and services.
- Reports improprieties and /or abuses of supervisors for the purpose of maintaining legal and financial guidelines.
- Reviews and approves specifications received for the purpose of establishing appropriateness before issuing sealed bids.
Public Health Compliance
- Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance.
- Tuberculosis Skin Test.
- Proof of COVID vaccination. Exemptions for religious/medical will be reviewed.
- Must follow safety and health protocols.
Central Office Salary Range:
$54,720.00 - $67,276.80 / Support SUP-28 Shift Type: