ARC is seeking a Director, Finance & Administration
to provide leadership to the mission of ARC by ensuring sound stewardship and accountability for appropriated funds and providing administrative support services for the agency. Serve as principal advisor to the Commission on financial and administrative matters and provides overall direction and strategic planning for financial management, procurement, budget formulation and execution - (including accounts payable work through other agencies), and financial reporting to Office Management & Budget (OMB) and Treasury. Provide leadership on financial matters involving state partnerships and shared expenses. Provide inventory and supply management, space management, procurement, telecommunications, and financial reporting support and direction within the agency.
Possess the leadership ability to drive vision and purpose that will strengthen the accounting team. Build trust and accountability within the team to accomplish objectives and achieve results. Empower the team through coaching and feedback, and provides direction and delegation to staff while removing obstacles to get work done. This position reports to the Executive Director.Responsibilities
RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Adept knowledge of Office of Management & Budget (OMB) processes.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to lead and direct the Accounting and Finance administration team.
- Demonstrated ability to lead multiple and simultaneous programs using best practices and the ability to adjust to the changing nature of the environment.
- Solid demonstrated project management experience including the ability to develop and follow project timelines and deliverables.
- Core competencies: accountability, adaptability, collaboration, communication, critical analysis.
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment and bring an energetic and innovative approach to his or her work.
- Prior to hire, the selectee must successfully complete and maintain a background check/investigation.
- U.S. Citizenship.
- Ability to travel (up to 10%). If travel is needed, must maintain and possess a valid driver's license.
- Bachelor's degree and 7 to 10 years of relevant experience with strong Accounting, Finance and Budgetary background.
- Federal Financial Management experience required.
- Desired Certified Government Financial Manager (CGFM).
- Desired Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
Please read the "Qualifications" section. Additional information
ARC is an equal employment opportunity employer and endeavors to make reasonable accommodations to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified applicants with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of ARC's business. If an applicant believes he or she requires such assistance to complete the application or to participate in an interview, he or she should contact Human Resources. If an applicant has any questions or concerns, he or she should reach out to Human Resources at 202.884.7709 or at email@example.com .