RequirementsConditions of Employment Conditions of Employment
- Replaces the classroom teacher
- Plans, organizes, and presents information and instruction which helps students learn subject matter and skills that will contribute to their educational and social development
- Provides instruction which is compatible with the school and system-wide curricular goals
- Interacts effectively with students, co-workers, and parents
- Carries out non-instructional duties as assigned and/or as needed
- Adheres to established laws, policies, rules, and regulations
- Follows a plan for professional development
- Reports to and is supervised by the principal
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship required Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Requirement.
- Direct deposit of pay is required
- This position requires a Tier 1 (T1) investigation with Childcare Checks since its duties require interaction with children and youth under the age of eighteen (18) years of age.
- Failure to successfully meet/maintain these requirements may be grounds for termination.
- To ensure compliance with an applicable preliminary nationwide injunction, which may be supplemented, modified, or vacated, depending on the course of ongoing litigation, cont.
- The Federal Government will take no action to implement or enforce the COVID-19 vaccination requirement pursuant to Executive Order 14043 on Requiring Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination for Federal Employees.
- Therefore, to the extent a Federal job announcement includes the requirement that applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 pursuant to Executive Order 14043, that requirement does not currently apply.
- Federal agencies may request information regarding the vaccination status of applicants for the purposes of implementing other workplace safety protocols, such as protocols related to masking, physical distancing, testing, travel, and quarantine.
QualificationsApplicants must hold a Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university. Applicants who hold a Bachelor's degree can be considered for the Teacher (Substitute) position.
- All candidates must be U.S. Citizens.
- Male applicants must meet the Selective Service requirement.
- All requirements must be met at time of appointment. You are advised to submit your documents promptly as part of your application package.
- You must submit your complete application and all supporting documents.
- You will be required to participate in Direct Deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer in accordance with DoD Regulation 7000.14R.
- Selectee must undergo Background Checks IAW DoDI 1402.5 (e.g. Local Files Check, State Criminal History Records Check, and National Agency Check Inquiries). Employment in these positions is subject to successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet/maintain these requirements may be grounds for termination.
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability determination and favorable re-investigation every five years.
Please note you must submit a photocopy of your official transcript (in English). EducationTo qualify based on education, you must submit a legible photocopy of official transcripts from an accredited institution with your name, school name, credit hours, course level, major(s), and grade point average or class ranking. Transcripts must be in English.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet qualification requirements, you must show that your education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. Additional information
Please visit the link to below to review DoDEA's school operations during the COVID-19 pandemic for more information.
DoDEA COVID Safety Info:
Positions under this announcement will be filled by appointment in the Excepted Service under examining authority of 10 U.S.C. Sec 2164.
This announcement may be used for the purpose of filling temporary, intermittent (on call, as needed) seasonal positions for the remainder of the School Year 2021-2022 and for School year 2022-2023
This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies.This in an inventory of candidates, as such candidates can submit applications at any time; however, an initial cut-off date of 04/30/2022 will be used to begin applicant consideration. Applications received after the initial cut-off date will be considered in subsequent cut-offs as needed.Pay rate for this position is: $17.33 Per Hour.
DoDEA is looking for motivated substitutes as the need has increased exponentially due to COVID impacts. DoDEA has taken a serious approach to ensuring a healthy and safe school environment. The health and well-being of our students and staff is our top priority. We are taking many precautions to help protect our staff utilizing guidance from the CDC to include masks, sanitizer stations, social distancing, and stringent reporting and response to COVID cases. We want all applicants to know that we have worked hard to create an environment that is safe to work in. To learn more, please see the Additional Information section.