Here at Appian, we're passionate about automation, speed, and efficiency; and the CIO department is a great place to apply these values! From Information Security, Business Technology, to Solution Engineering, joining Appian will provide you with the opportunity to lead technical strategy, execution and communication for all applications to support Appian employees, customers, and partners across the world. Join us, as we work collaboratively to grow Appian across the world.
The Appian Solution Engineering team provides technical expertise to our customers around the globe, touching every layer of the Appian platform. From data analysis to creative problem solving, this team tackles the most challenging technical problems encountered by Appian customers and partners.
We are looking for a hands-on Software Support Engineer with excellent analytical and communication skills. Internally we call this role Solution Engineer, and ideally you not only have a strong interest in software development ( minus the coding 8 hours a day part ), but also have a desire to work closely with some of our highest stakes customers. A keen interest in data analytics is also desirable, as you will have the opportunity to work with big datasets. To reiterate, however: this is not
a software development gig, and we don't
require a Computer Science degree. You would also have the opportunity to improve customer experience and internal systems, tools and processes used by the Solution Engineering team.
Appian is headquartered in the McLean, Virginia area, and we are supportive of both Remote and Hybrid work environments. To be successful in this role, you will:
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques and collaborate with various teams and subject matter experts to help reproduce and resolve customer issues
- Drive customer communication during critical incidents, working on highly complex customer problems that may span multiple technologies such as: VPNs, databases, authentication, and more.
- Leverage your contact with customers to capture feedback with how Appian can improve
- Write tutorials and other technical articles for both Appian Customers and Appian Employees
- Identify opportunities to enhance 24/7 systems and processes to improve the customer experience. Participate in evaluating, prioritizing and actioning these improvement projects
- Days filled with unique and exciting challenges-everyday is different!
- Advancement opportunities across the organization to help you meet your career goals
- Appian product training, plus additional training programs to help you develop the skills required to be successful in your role
- Our team is rapidly growing, and with growth comes opportunity!
- Unlimited (flex) PTO, hybrid working arrangement, and flexible working hours.
Nice to Haves:
- Bachelor's degree in any Engineering discipline, Computer Science, Information Technology, or similar work experience
- 1-2+ years experience in a highly technical support role, preferably in a software environment with Java/J2EE troubleshooting experience
- Comfort working in a Linux or Windows CLI environment
- Passion for problem solving and a talent for identifying creative technical solutions
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Desire to work closely with our customers to help lead continual improvement in the availability, performance, functionality and security of our platform
- Willing and able to provide after hours support (rotation every 12 or so weeks)
- Programming / scripting (e.g. Java, Perl, Ruby, C#, PHP)
- RDBMS platforms (e.g. MySql, Oracle, SQL Server)
- Systems administration (e.g. Linux, Windows)
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. We value and encourage cross-departmental collaboration, and actively seek opportunities to better ourselves and others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we're focused on lasting positive change.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.