NYC 299 Park Avenue (22957), United States of America, New York, New York
Manager, Risk - Enterprise Valuation Group (EVG)
Capital One's Commercial Bank contains an approximately $100B (exposure) loan portfolio that has grown by virtue of a number of acquisitions. Its traditional Commercial Portfolio has recently expanded substantially. With the expansion of this portfolio and the advent of new regulatory guidelines around Enterprise Value (EV) lending, the Commercial Credit Risk team is looking for a highly qualified candidate to support the Enterprise Valuation Group - responsible for providing consistent valuations of all EV-reliant deals across the organization.
- Prepare enterprise evaluations for leveraged loans during the underwriting and workout processes
- Partner with credit officers and underwriting teams to calculate defensible, accurate, and consistent enterprise valuations for both performing and distressed companies
- Create and maintain financial models using methods such as the discounted cash flow, comparable company and comparable transactions methods
- Review and evaluate financial projections to determine if the assumptions are reasonable and supportable based on historical performance
- Create written financial assessments and draft valuation reports detailing key assumptions
- Listen to live deal approval meetings to gain insight from deal teams and credit officers to understand details about the company and analysis such as key valuation drivers, industry overview, and risks/mitigants.
- Contribute to various team growth initiatives designed to keep increasing the strength of the valuation team as well as its presence and scope within the Bank
- Act as a valuation subject matter expert while supporting the growth and development of junior valuation team members
The successful candidate will be someone that is a self-starter with excellent communications skills. Additionally, she/he will have strong finance and valuation experience. Strong business judgment, analytical abilities, and presentation skills are essential. The ability to anticipate potential issues and proactively manage workflow is also key.
-Very strong communication, presentation and interpersonal
-Very strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree or Military Experience
- At least 5 years of experience in valuation obtained from one of the following areas: Investment Banking, Private Equity, Hedge Fund, or Valuation Consulting
- At least 5 years of experience in finance, financial modeling, accounting or business analysis
Preferred Qualifications :
- Masters of Business Administration with a finance concentration
- Experience performing valuations for distressed companies and restructuring experience
- At least 1 year of people leadership experience
- At least 6 years of commercial or corporate banking experience in valuation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving, organizational skills and attention to details
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).