NYC 299 Park Avenue (22957), United States of America, New York, New York
Senior Associate, Business Analysis - Market and Liquidity Risk Oversight
As a Senior Business Analyst at Capital One, you will apply your strategic and analytical skills to major company challenges. You will team with world-class professionals to develop and test strategies that ultimately impact the bottom line. And you will do it all in a collaborative environment that values your insight, encourages you to take on new responsibility, promotes continuous learning, and rewards innovation.
The Market and Liquidity Risk Oversight (MLRO) team performs independent risk management of the firm's balance sheet activities conducted by the company's Capital Markets group, Treasury group, and other lines of business engaged in managing our balance sheet. Our team's work includes risk analysis, strategic thinking, market research, and developing an independent perspective across risk factors influencing Capital One.
The MLRO team covers a wide range of risk management activities within Capital One. We are constantly evaluating financial markets and business trends to understand and quantify the impact to Capital One's risk management framework. This Senior Business Analyst role will allow the successful candidate to grow into a risk analyst and expert on interest rate risk, liquidity risk, funds transfer pricing, stress testing, and other areas as well. You will interact with many different business groups with the ability to provide independent analysis and effective challenge. The ideal candidate will possess:
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- A deep understanding of the banking system and financial market concepts
- A passion for following financial markets and understanding relationships across markets and events
- The ability to communicate complex topics to a wide range of audiences
- Comfort working within a collaborative and cross-functional environment
- Familiarity in working with large datasets with some technical experience
Specific Responsibilities, but are not limited to:
- Proactively engaging with lines of businesses and providing analytical support for research, analysis, and independent risk management in various areas of MLRO's oversight of balance sheet risk
- Become a subject matter expert in one or more areas of balance sheet risk oversight, such as interest rate risk, stress testing, liquidity risk, or funds transfer pricing
- Utilize technology to perform data analysis and support process automation as a source of independent risk assessment
- Understand and analyze financial market developments and regulatory guidance in relation to the impact on the balance sheet
- Interacting with key stakeholders across multiple organizations to evaluate risk and providing support for balance sheet analysis
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 1 year of experience in quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Master's Degree in Business or quantitative field such as Finance, Economics, Physical Sciences, Math, Statistics, Engineering
- 2+ years of experience in risk management or capital markets
- 2+ years of experience in banking industry or equivalent financial services firm
- 2+ years of experience working with business intelligence tools
- 1+ years of experience in SQL, Python, Snowflake, and Excel
- 1+ years of experience in data analytic tools, including Tableau and Quicksites
- 1+ years of experience in bank stress testing, interest rate risk, or liquidity risk management practices or regulations
- 1+ year of experience in consulting
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).