As a Health Scientist Administrator for the Division of Practice Improvement, your major duties and responsibilities include:
NOTE: Do not cut and paste the duties, specialized experience, or occupational assessment questionnaire from this announcement into your resume as that will not be considered a demonstration of your qualifications for this position. RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Serving as a Program/Project Officer for the administration of large research contracts or grants program involving health services, practice and health systems improvement and related areas (e.g., implementation science, health equity, shared decision making, patient engagement, human factors engineering or organizational science).
- Serving as a Program/Project Officer for the development of grants and contracts to fulfill the mission of the Center.
- Planning, coordinating/managing and evaluating proposed health services and implementation research projects, or other activities supported by the Division.
- Collaborating with other Division/Center and Agency staff or outside stakeholder organizations, as required.
- Contributing to AHRQ's efforts to disseminate research findings and prepares research highlights and other reports summarizing and explaining the significance of key research accomplishments by grantees/contractors.
QualificationsTHESE QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET BY THE CLOSING DATE
- U. S. Citizenship is required.
- Males ages 18 through 25 must be registered with the Selective Service.
- Employment is subject to the successful completion of the pre-appointment process (i.e., background investigation, verification of qualifications and job requirements, completion of onboarding forms, submission of required documents, etc.)
- PHS Commissioned Corps applicants must submit current personnel orders.
- This position has an education requirement - transcripts are required.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Position is not in the Bargaining Unit.
- Drug Screening is not required.
- Recruitment incentives are not authorized.
- Student loan repayment incentive is not authorized.
: 10/04/2022QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:OPM INDIVIDUAL OCCUPATIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR GENERAL MEDICAL AND HEALTHCARE SERIES, 0601:You must have a Bachelor's or graduate/higher degree with major study in an academic field related to the medical field, health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position being advertised.
This degree must be from an educational program from an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education at the time the degree was obtained. You must provide a copy of your unofficial transcripts that verify that you meet this education requirement by the closing date of this announcement. A copy of a diploma is not acceptable as verification.
In addition to the OPM Education requirements, to qualify for this position at the GS-13 level, your resume must clearly
demonstrate that you have one full year of the minimum qualifying experience comparable in difficulty and responsibility
to at least the GS-12 level in the federal service. MINIMUM QUALIFYING SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE
is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position and is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled. To be creditable, an applicant's one full year of specialized experience must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary for successful job performance.
Examples of minimum qualifying specialized experience equal to the GS-12
level include performing the following types of tasks on a regular and recurring basis:
- Coordinating and evaluating research or implementation projects focused on health services, practice and health systems improvement and related areas (e.g., implementation science, health equity, shared decision making, patient engagement, human factors engineering or organizational science);
- Managing the progress of research grants and contracts to improve the delivery of health care;
- Monitoring progress of health care, health services, and/or health systems research to prepare scientific reports, correspondence and other written materials about the findings and/or recommendations based on the findings.
refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; community; student; social). If such experience is on a part-time basis, you must provide the average number of hours worked per week as well as the beginning and ending dates of the experience so it can be fully credited.Applicants whose resumes clearly demonstrate the required minimum qualifying specialized experience will be evaluated based on the occupational assessment competencies listed below. A COMPETENCY is defined as a measurable pattern of knowledge, skills, abilities, behaviors, and other characteristics that an individual needs to perform work roles or occupational functions.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH -
Knowledge of the scientific principles, methodology, and processes used to conduct a systematic and objective inquiry; including study design, collection, analysis, and interpretation of data; and the reporting of results.ADMINISTRATION OF GRANTS AND CONTRACTS
- Prepares award documentation and provides day-to-day oversight of grants and contracts, including applying knowledge of organizational needs and deadlines.SCIENTIFIC WRITING -
Prepares written documentation to transfer scientific information about concepts, situations, products, services, or results to audiences with varying levels of scientific knowledge.To preview the occupational assessment questionnaire, please click on the following link:
This position has an education requirement. You must
submit a copy of your transcripts (or a list of your courses including titles, credit hours completed and grades) to document that you have met the education requirement. Unofficial transcripts will be accepted in the application package. Official transcripts will be required prior to your starting work.Foreign Education
: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov .
Applications can be accepted from students who expect to complete qualifying education within 9 months from the date of application. However, agencies must verify that the education was completed successfully before the applicant can be appointed. Additional information Vaccine Update:
- Federal agencies may request information regarding the vaccination status of selected applicants for the purposes of implementing other workplace safety protocols, such as protocols related to masking, physical distancing, testing, travel, and quarantine.
HHS is an equal opportunity employer. Selection for this position will be based solely on merit without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, political affiliation, disability, sexual orientation, marital or family status or other differences. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees . Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action. E-Verify: AHRQ participates in the USCIS Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify). E-Verify helps employers determine employment eligibility of new hires and the validity of their social security numbers. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing. Creditable Service: A newly appointed or reappointed employee may receive service credit for annual leave for prior work experience directly related to the duties of the position being filled. The use of this service credit is at the discretion of the selecting official and must be finalized prior to selectee's entrance on duty. For more information, please click here . Financial Disclosure: This position requires you to file a public or confidential financial disclosure report prior to receiving a final offer letter as well as within 30 days of your appointment. This will require you to report information such as recent sources of income, financial interests you hold, and outside activities you participate in, as well as similar information from a spouse or any dependent children. If you have questions, please contact AskHR@hrsa.gov .