As a key member of the FOCUS (SAP ERP System) Business Analytics team, the SAP BOBJ/BW Architect will work with a team of problem solvers to help solve complex business issues from strategy to execution related to SAP Analytics & Reporting Applications. Interacts with management and other government agencies and manages the end-to-end system administration of the Business warehouse systems. Represents DIT in discussions with business process owners, agency representatives, and end-users. Serves as an architect for SAP data infrastructure, platforms and analytics for FFX and FCPS. Responsible for designing comprehensive FOCUS architectural topology for data reporting etc., and associated infrastructure. Works with infrastructure and applications teams to ensure delivery of a scalable infrastructure that is compatible with FCOUS stakeholder business needs across environments. Employment StandardsMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:Any combination of education, experience, and training equivalent to the following:
(Click on the aforementioned link to learn how Fairfax County interprets equivalencies for "Any combination, experience, and training equivalent to") Possession of a bachelor's degree in computer science, or closely related field; plus five years' experience in systems design, development, and maintenance in a large information systems environment, including supervisory experience.NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
The appointee to this position will be required to complete a criminal background check to the satisfaction of the employer.
All newly hired employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (two weeks after the last required dose) as a condition of employment or obtain approval of a medical or religious exemption prior to their start date. Proof of an exemption or vaccination status will be required during the pre-employment onboarding process. New employees who obtain an exemption from the vaccine mandate for medical or sincerely held religious beliefs may be subject to a weekly testing requirement. Vaccinated employees and employees with a medical or religious exemption will complete the attestation online on their first day of employment or shortly thereafter.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- 10 years of experience with Business Intelligence data architecture and design for Data Warehouse/Operational Data Store in SAP BI/BW environment.
- 5 years' experience working with SAP Business Objects reporting tools in an SAP System environment(WEBI, Crystal Reports, Explorer, etc.)
- 4 years' experience working with SAP Business Objects Data Services ETL.
- Strong understanding of SAP BW architecture (Info Providers, Multi Providers, DSOs, PSAs) Experience with designing and coding SAP BW process chains and Bex Queries.
- Experience working with SAP ERP systems, preferably in SAP ECC,SAP SRM.
- 5+ years with Microsoft SQL Server BI technology stack, specifically SSAS cubes, SSRS reports and SSIS procedures.
- Experience with relational databases such as Oracle and SQL Server in a SAP ERP environment Experience with SAP HANA is a plus. SAP ABAP experience preferred. Strong data modeling, data management and data integration experience.
- Strong analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to understand and document business data requirements in complete, accurate, extensible, and flexible logical data models.
Work is generally sedentary, performed in a normal office environment. All duties performed with or without reasonable accommodations.SELECTION PROCEDURE:
Panel interview and may include exercise.
The population of Fairfax County is very diverse where 39.8% of residents speak a language other than English at home ( Spanish, Asian/Pacific Islander, Indo-European, and others
) and we encourage candidates bilingual in English and a foreign language to apply to this opportunity.Fairfax County Government prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics, political affiliation, or military status in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 703-222-7314. EEO/AA/TTY.