Canada Remote Worker
The Emmes Company, LLC ("Emmes") is a global, full-service Clinical Research Organization dedicated to excellence in supporting the advancement of public health and biopharmaceutical innovation. We believe in the power of truth, so much so that we named our company Emmes, which means truth. Through decades of experience we have learned that collaborative relationships thrive and human health benefits when truth is our compass.
Our "Character Achieves Results" culture is driven by five key values that guide our actions in the way we conduct research and distinguish us as an organization: Integrity, Agility, Passion for Excellence, Collaborative Partnerships and Intellectual Curiosity. We are a trusted partner to clients who share our passion for improving public health in a world of ever-changing scientific research.
If you share our motivations and passion in research, come join us! You will be joining a collaborative culture that empowers every Emmes employee — from entry level through top executive — to contribute to our clients' success by sharing ideas openly and honestly. Primary Purpose
The Associate Cloud Solutions Architect implements and supports software architecture activities for cloud environments, including technical design, development, and implementation of software products and solutions for clients/customers. Responsibilities
- Implements company software architecture strategy.
- Develops, creates, and modifies computer applications software.
- Designs software solutions for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency.
- Analyzes user needs to develop software solutions.
- Designs and develops databases.
- Contributes to architecture and engineering reviews.
- Maintains broad knowledge of emerging and well-established technologies and frameworks on the market, design patterns, best practices, and standards.
- Provides technical recommendations and solutions to projects and/or problems.
- Assists with cloud compliance activities.
- Assist with business development activities such as sales, demonstrations, and proposals
- Master of Science degree in Computer Science or equivalent field
- 2 years of enterprise web application development experience
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate (or higher level)
- 1 or more years of experience in a business environment with one of the following databases: AWS Aurora PostgreSQL Serverless or AWS DynamoDB
- Experience with the following skills is preferred: AWS AppSync Serverless, AWS CloudFront, AWS CodeCommit, AWS Elastic Container Service, AWS S3 static web hosting, Material-UI, Jest, React, Node.js
- Knowledge of traditional network architecture such as IP addressing, subnetting, routing, switching, and firewalls
- Understanding of software development patterns and practices
- Knowledge of Git best practices (Git Flow)
- Experience with Linux and Windows operating systems
- Experience working within Scrum teams and with Atlassian tools
- Experience performing code reviews and mentoring junior team members
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, proactive, and detail-oriented
- Strong multitasking, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Proven ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Satisfactory background check required
- Any suitable combination of education, training or experience is acceptable
Why work at Emmes?
At Emmes, your actions and hard work will have a direct impact on public health initiatives, both globally and in our local communities with opportunities for volunteerism through our Emmes Cares
community engagement program. We offer a competitive benefits package focused on the health and needs of our growing workforce, including: CONNECT WITH US!
Follow us on Twitter - @EmmesCRO
Find us on LinkedIn - The Emmes Company, LLC
The Emmes Company, LLC is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.