The best growth-oriented organizations achieve the most when they build value propositions that connect with their markets and target industries, offer outstanding products, solutions, and services backed by an extraordinary company. That's what you get when you are part of the Industry Team business development organization. We are passionate about driving digital transformation by bringing Appian solutions that provide speed, agility, and efficiency needed to compete and grow. Are you inspired by the chance to solve your customers' biggest challenges? You can make that kind of difference here. Join our team, where you can not only grow your career, but share the success of an industry pioneer.
The Industry Leaders team at Appian is a growing part of our business development organization. Our Defense business has experienced tremendous growth and we are seeking an Industry Leader to help further refine our strategy and drive growth. As the Industry Leader looking after our Defense and Intelligence customers, you will have overall responsibility for go to market strategy, ensuring client success, and continued steady growth in license revenue across our customers, partners, and prospects in this space. In addition, you will be responsible for developing our go to market strategy for the Aerospace and Defense Contractor vertical.
You will spend approximately 50% of your time with our existing clients and partners, helping to evangelize new applications for our application platform software and providing strategy and coaching for our Sales and Professional Services teams. The rest of your time will be split between helping Account Executives design programs to penetrate new target accounts and creating thought leadership material (e.g., white papers, articles, blog posts), speaking at industry events, etc. to gain prospect interest. You will be heavily involved in new business capture, providing senior level guidance on win themes, teaming, and deal strategy. To be successful in this role you need:
- Lead and participate in presentations and follow-on education activities at prospects and customers
- Provide guidance to Appian Sales on the best approach to capture opportunities in the given territory by creating key win themes that resonate with target audiences
- Settle our marketing strategy by determining appropriate compelling topics, trade shows, and content to support our overall public sector messaging
- Work with senior leaders at our delivery partners to coordinate joint pursuits and internal messaging
- Present at conferences and industry events to demonstrate domain expertise
- Help customers determine modernization roadmaps and serve on steering committees and governance boards
- 15+ years of direct experience working with or for Defense Agencies
- Prior military service a plus
- Hands on experience driving new solutions in an area directly impacted by policy changes, significant process inefficiencies, or experiencing high growth
- Strong technical aptitude to bridge between client business leaders and Appian team members
- Demonstrated track record of creating written thought leadership materials and speaking at industry events
- Experience participating in federal business development activities
- Currently holds active national security clearance
- Experience working with Appian a plus
- Travel could be expected to government customers and partners across the country if conditions permit
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world's largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian's success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.