Center 2 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Analyst, Counterparty Credit Risk
The Counterparty Credit Risk Analyst is responsible for supporting the effective management of credit risk for a portfolio of Capital One's financial institution counterparties including domestic and foreign banks, broker, dealers, asset managers, BDCs, and insurance companies. The Analyst will be responsible for collaboration across multiple teams to ensure compliance and risk is appropriately managed. Additionally, this role will be responsible for establishing and monitoring credit limits and exposures, and producing reports to effectively communicate the risk of individual counterparties and the overall portfolio to senior leaders across the lines of business including Finance, Commercial Bank and Risk Management
Responsibilities will include:
- Review and manage the annual renewal cycle of all relevant policies and procedures
- Perform daily market monitoring and serve as an escalation point of contact for internal issues and breaches.
- Coordinate with first and second line teams to collect reporting such as Risk ID for senior leadership across multiple lines of business
- Collaborates effectively across the Risk Management organization and related stakeholders to drive continuous improvement of risk identification, controls and compliance governance processes
- Work with various lines of business to influence data elements and implement analytical solutions to facilitate data-driven decision making via business intelligence platforms such as Tableau or Quicksight
- Analyze large datasets using SQL or python to translate data into actionable reporting and insights on overall counterparty risk and make recommendations to leadership
- Interact directly with business partners across multiple lines in the Company including market risk management, treasury, commercial banking, and trading
- Assist in preparation and presentation of other ad-hoc reports and analyses
- Bachelor's degree or Military experience
- At least 1 year of experience in Microsoft Suite and Google Products
- At least 1 year of experience with AWS Quicksight and Tableau, or similar BI tool
- At least 1 year of experience with SQL or Python
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Engineering, Business or related field
- At least 1 year of experience with third party data services (SNL/S&P Market Intelligence, S&P Capital IQ, Bloomberg, etc.)
- At least 1 year of experience with risks, controls and compliance
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).