This position is located within the Dignitary Protection Division (DPD) of the Protective Services Bureau (PSB). The Dignitary Protection Division is responsible for carrying out protective functions and operations.
DPD Special Agents:
Provide protection of congressional leadership, including the coordination of security arrangements for domestic and international travel through advance security surveys and on-the-ground protection.
Provide personal security of Members of Congress and their families; visiting officials of foreign, Federal, state, and/or local governments, and other congressional visitors.
Provide protective coverage for congressional events such as congressional hearings and sessions, official functions, and other events identified by the respective Sergeant at Arms and/or Chief of Police.The results of this vacancy announcement selection process will be used to fill positions within the Dignitary Protection Division. More than one selection may be made from this vacancy announcement. The selection list for this vacancy announcement will be active for a period of 12 months from the date of approval of the selection memorandum. An applicant may request to be removed from consideration by sending a written request to the Office of Human Resources (OHR). RequirementsConditions of Employment
Must be a current USCP Officer below the rank of Sergeant. At a minimum, must have attained the rank of Private with Training and must have completed USCP probationary period by the closing date of this announcement. Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of the date of selection. Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret/SCI security clearance. Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license. Must be able to obtain and maintain a government issued travel card. Must successfully complete the DPD Basic Agent Training Program (BATP), High Center of Gravity Armored Vehicle Training (HCGAV), and the DPD Field Training Program and other assigned trainings. In order to obtain the rank of Technician, candidate must have attained the rank of Private First Class (PFC) and must have satisfactorily completed the probationary period outlined in this vacancy announcement under the Additional Information section. Qualifications
1. Must be a USCP Officer below the rank of Sergeant; Must have attained the rank of Private with Training and must have completed USCP probationary period by the closing date of this announcement.
2. Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license. License status and driving record will be checked as a part of the application process.
3. Must not be in a restricted leave status as of the closing date of this announcement.
4. Must be in a full and unrestricted duty status in order to participate in Selection Process Phase III - Physical Abilities Test (PAT) unless otherwise authorized by laws or regulations.
5. Must be in a full and unrestricted duty status to attend, participate, and successfully complete all required training courses related to this position as of the date of selection.
6. Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of the date of selection.
7. Must be available to work flexible hours, rotating shifts and midnight assignments.
8. Must be able to travel on commercial, military and private airplanes, boats, helicopters, trains, buses, and automobiles.
9. In order to obtain the rank of Technician, candidate must have attained the rank of Private First Class (PFC) and must have satisfactorily completed the probationary period outlined in this vacancy announcement under the Additional Information section. Education
There is no education substitution for experience in this series and/or grade.Additional information
Applications and supporting documentation must be received by the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration. This position is non-exempt from the Fair Labor Standards Act overtime provisions. This position is not included in a collective bargaining unit. RETENTION CRITERIA: Must satisfactorily complete a one year probationary period upon being assigned to DPD. Must successfully pass a DPD Driver's Recertification Course. Must successfully pass a First Aid/AED/TCCC Recertification Course. Must maintain qualification on all trained weapon systems. Must maintain all other required certifications. Results of this selection process will be used to recommend candidates to the hiring manager who is the final selecting official. The OHR will conduct a disciplinary action review to determine if there are pending investigatory and/or disciplinary matters, which will be made known to the selecting official.