Summary Administration Clerk Portsmouth, VA
Chenega Analytic Business Solutions (CABS) provides federal agencies and commercial customers trusted insights in Records and Information Management, Administrative Solutions, Information Technology, Engineering, and Training. Formed in 2017 to serve federal and commercial customers, CABS is 8(a) certified and has grown quickly into a leader in the federal IT and Training environment.
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
The Administration Clerk
shall provide specialized security administrative support by performing all access control and badging of DoD civilian employees, and military personnel. Responsibilities
- Control access to sensitive areas of NNSY/CIA and NAVSEA workspaces, by verifying the security clearance information provided in DISS, including current security clearance verification required accesses areas, contractor or military personnel currently holds, and whether an official visit request is required prior to issuing a badge and providing access to NNSY/CIA and NAVSEA workspaces.
- Review the provided Region 179 day vetting list and the Classified Contract Database to ensure the proper vetting has been completed and access is authorized.
- Review Visit Requests for completeness, discrepancies, and escort requirements and if other special circumstances exist.
- Verify which type of colored Shipyard Access Control Badge (SACB) is authorized, create badge profile within specialized software, assign access areas, times, expiration dates, and take photos and complete the printing and issuance to authorized personnel.
- Apply special knowledge of the Shipyard badging requirements and procedures to verify that badges are prepared properly.
- Ensure that each visitor reviews the NNSY Safety Video provided at the Pass and ID Office prior to badge issuance.
- Enroll Command Access Cards (CAC) and Defense Biometric Identification System (DBIDS) to be used in the Shipyard's Automated Entry Control System (AECS).
- Resolve complaints and problems concerning the NAVSEA Access Control and badging program, often providing alternate solutions or tactfully denying/disapproving issuance of a Shipyard Badge based on requirements.
- Refer more difficult complaints or problems to the immediate supervisor.
- Possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities to effectively operate various office equipment, including desktop and laptop computers, scanners, copy machines, label makers, fax machines, printers, and lamination machines.
- Maintain office files, inventories consumable and non-consumable materials, and prepare supply requisitions to resupply.
- Complete annual Chenega and Navy required trainings as required.
- Record labor hours daily in the company's timekeeping system as required.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 2+ years of experience utilizing the Defense Information System for Security (DISS) program and its predecessor JPAS.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and register with the Defense Biometric Identification System.
- Background check required and interim secret clearance required to start.
- The position requires a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief.
Executive Order 13495, The Non Displacement of Qualified Workers Under Service Contracts provide first right of refusal to incumbents on contracts. If the position is accepted by the incumbent on the job, other application/resume of non-incumbents will not be reviewed.
- Must have the ability to obtain a secret security clearance and maintain throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Must have extensive knowledge, skills, and abilities utilizing Microsoft Office products, including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word programs.
- Must possess extensive knowledge of the Defense Information System for Security (DISS) program, utilized to verify security clearance information, and visit requests.
- Must possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities to effectively operate various office equipment, including desktop and laptop computers, scanners, copy machines, label makers, fax machines, printers, and lamination machines.
- Must be capable of identifying and understanding issues involved with badging and determine what steps and procedures are necessary and the order in which they are performed.
- Ability to make appropriate use of grammar, spelling, capitalization, and punctuation in all office correspondences and work products.
- Ability to comprehend, learn, and accept feedback from customers and assigned supervisors.
- Ability to analyze and make access control decisions using sound judgement.
- Ability to use several computer programs simultaneously.
- Must have the ability to support unplanned and emergent badging requirements.
- Ability to multi-task in a high stress, performance-based environment.
- Ability to establish priorities and meet established deadlines.
- Ability to attend all customer in-person meetings and conferences as requested.
- Ability to communicate with others effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
#Chenega Analytic Business Solutions, LLC
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program