For over 140 years, The Washington Post has been an authoritative news source on political, social, and economic issues. We were founded as a daily print publication serving the Washington, D.C. area, covering presidents and politics from the heart of America's capital city.
Today, The Washington Post is a rapidly growing, digital-first news source with worldwide reach. With subscribers in over 180 countries, The Post is increasingly catering to readers looking for trustworthy journalism and thoughtful analysis on U.S. issues, as well as fresh perspectives on stories that are defining a changing world.
We are seeking a Acquisitions & Winback Group Manager to join the subscriptions marketing team. You will be responsible for developing and executing lifecycle campaigns to drive early product usage and conversion at key moments in a Post's registered reader's journey. You are a stickler for the details, have a jack-of-all-trades mix of technical, creative, and analytical know-how, and can collaborate effectively with a complex web of stakeholders across Marketing, Product, Engineering, and Analytics.Responsibilities include
- Collaborate with the newsroom, product marketing, and creative services to deliver concise messaging to registered users to get them to read more frequently and ultimately convert to a paying subscriber.
- Work with Product, Engineering, Analytics, and Data Science to build out the Registered Reader foundation.
- Leverage data to craft personalization and segmentation strategies to develop a best-in-class conversion program based on a variety of attributes in the campaign data mart.
- Develop and execute automated lifecycle marketing journeys and one-off campaigns across email and app channels to drive new subscribers.
- Continuously conduct A/B tests and develop insights that improve acquisition and win-back conversion rate.
- Create prospect nurture programs to ensure long-term engagement for our growing subscriber base.
- Consistently launch and monitor experiments and communicate results to the wider organization.
- Ensures all team outputs are high quality and credible.
- Experience in developing, managing, and retaining diverse team that makes a strong, positive impact on the organization.
- Serve as a thought leader and willing to take action to drive initiatives forward, creative problem solver, and foster compelling dialogue and collaboration.
The Post strives to provide its readers with high-quality, trustworthy news and information while constantly innovating. That mission is best served by a diverse, multi-generational workforce with varied life experiences and perspectives. All cultures and backgrounds are welcomed.
- At least 7+ years' experience in a high-volume role in the customer marketing, customer communications, or the customer engagement space.
- A track-record of proven business results through testing and deploying effective marketing campaigns across different channels in a high-volume environment.
- Excellent project management and interpersonal skills with the ability to balance rigorous attention to details with swift execution.
- Significant experience managing others and driving / aligning teams to strategy.
- Demonstrated technical aptitude with expertise in multiple marketing tools.
- High competence in project and stakeholder management.
- Analytical ability (A/B testing, post-campaign insights).
The innovation doesn't end in the Newsroom - dozens of teams power The Washington Post
. We are now hiring the next innovator - how will you Impact Tomorrow