Clearance Required:Top Secret
Education Required:BA/BS or HS/GED and Equivalent Work Experience
US Citizenship:Required Summary The MIL Corporation
is seeking an Engineering, Analyst (Multimedia Communications Specialist)
for an on-site position in the Washington DC. area. The individual in this position will provide technical and operational troubleshooting, testing and preventative maintenance of audio-visual equipment and systems.
The job responsibilities of the Multimedia Communications Specialist include the following:
- Perform initial setup testing and troubleshooting on various types of AV systems and equipment to include, but not limited Unified Collaboration Suite systems (to include Microsoft Teams); Audio systems (Program and Speech, DSP based systems); Video Wall Display Systems; Custom Signage Systems; Crestron Control Devices; Cisco UC & Cisco TelePresence systems; Bi-Amp and Clearone Audio Processors; Vaddio PTZ Wall Cameras; LED Display Technology, and Crestron matrix switching systems.
- Track and document ongoing trouble tickets.
- Prepare and track status reports to the government project lead.
- Troubleshoot system issues to determine and find resolutions or appropriate usage.
- Work with manufacturers to develop relationships related to equipment servicing (technical support, securing return authorizations, complete repair functions required to resolve customer issues)
- Escalate trouble calls to Tier III support as required by capturing detailed trouble reports, troubleshooting steps, following Tier III recommended trouble shooting procedures, processing RMAs to OEM / Vendors
- Must have a minimum of 3 years direct audio-visual experience
- Competent in reading and interpreting system block and room elevation drawings
- Must maintain a valid driver's license with clean driving record
- Must be able to stand, kneel and/or crouch for long periods of time
- Must be able to climb ladders and scaffolding
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Must be able to work in high places, as well as small, cramped places
- Must be able to work in hot humid places, as well as cold places
- Per federal guidelines, you may be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or willingness to obtain vaccination
- A four-year diploma from a Technical School, or equivalent experience
- 5 years direct audio-visual experience
- Crestron programming experience
- Evertz and Crestron Matrix switch configuration experience
- CTS cert from Avixa plus manufacturer certifications (AMX, Crestron, ClearOne, Extron, or Cisco)
Bachelor's degree in a multimedia development discipline -OR- in lieu of the degree, a High school diploma or equivalent with an additional minimum three years progressive experience in audio, video, broadcast, media development with a basic knowledge of systems integration is acceptable. Clearance
All applicants for this position must possess an active Top Secret security clearance with the eligibility for SCI
; please note that the clearance process takes into account financial background aspects. Why MIL?
MIL is a dynamic workforce of industry professionals who deliver world-class solutions in cyber, engineering, financial management, and information technology - and we are looking for candidates like you. Whether you're fresh out of college or the military or well into your professional services career, MIL has great job opportunities that might be right for you.
Here at The MIL Corporation, we pride ourselves on the family-like environment instilled amongst our team. Our employees love working here, and it truly shows through our various recognitions & awards. Some of our most recent awards include:
- 2020, 2019, 2018, & 2017 Top Workplaces Award, The Washington Post (Washington, D.C.)
- 2020, 2017 Top Workplace Award, Greenville Business Magazine, Columbia Business Monthly, and Charleston Business Magazine (South Carolina)
- 2019 & 2018 Certified Great Workplace, Great Place to Work®
- 2018 Fortune, Great Place to Work: Best Place to Work for Diversity
- 2018, Above & Beyond Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
If your goal is to help the federal government deploy leading technologies, improve financial management, or defend the nation in cyberspace, The MIL Corporation welcomes you. Become a part of something greater, where you, the people, make the difference. The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.