Business Systems Analyst
Business Systems Analyst
Position #: 127723
The Business Systems Analyst works under direct supervision of the Assistant Director, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), at the University of Maryland, College Park, in the Division of Information Technology (DIT). The incumbent will focus on analyzing impacts of Workday software releases and business process changes with a goal of improving operations and mitigating impacts to security role segregation. This includes the documentation of business requirements and impacts, facilitation, research, and development of recommendation briefs.
Education: Required: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- 3-5 years experience in creating a detailed business analysis, outlining problems, opportunities, and solutions for a business.
- 3-5 years experience in defining business requirements and reporting them to stakeholders.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and written in a manner which is clear, logical, and consistent.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact at all levels of the organization.
- Analytical thinking, facilitation, and problem solving skills
- Stakeholder analysis
- Processes modeling
- Experience applying business process analysis and improvement methodologies.
- Ability to effectively work on a team or independently.
- PMI Professional in Business Analysis (PBA) or IIBA Entry Certificate in Business Analysis (ECBA) preferred
- Experience with modern SaaS systems and IT service delivery
- Knowledge of and experience with Business Process Management documentation tool experience (Visio, Lucidchart)
- Knowledge of and experience with tools like Excel, Google Sheets, or Smartsheet
- Medical, dental , and vision coverage designed to help you and your family live a healthy lifestyle.
- Flexible work opportunities
- UMCP Tuition Remission for employees, and their dependents to grow and achieve greatness.
- Generous paid time off package to address work/life balance and maintain well-being.
- Retirement Benefits created to aid employees in reaching future retirement goals.
- And many more…
Salary range is in the high $80ks to low $90ks. **This position does not provide sponsorship for Visas.
Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Repetitive motion. Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines. Sitting for extended periods of time. Dexterity of hands and fingers required to operate a computer keyboard or mouse, and to handle other computer components. Ability to attend meetings at partner and customer offices
Best consideration date: 10/12/2022 or open until filled
Please apply at: https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/100060
Vaccine protocol: The University of Maryland has made the safety of our students, faculty and staff, and our surrounding communities a top priority. As part of that commitment, the University System of Maryland (USM) recently announced that students, faculty, and staff on USM campuses this fall, including UMD, are required to be vaccinated against COVID. As a prospective and/or a new employee at UMD, you will be required to comply with the University’s vaccination protocol. Proof of full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work at any University of Maryland location. Prospective or new employees may seek a medical or religious exemption to the vaccination requirement at return.umd.edu and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Failure to provide proof of vaccination or to obtain approval for a medical or religious exemption will result in the offer of employment being rescinded.
Background Check: Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background check. Information reported by the background check will not automatically disqualify you from employment.