Marketing and Communications Manager - FASEB
- Remote to Washington, D.C metro area
- Sep 22, 2022
- Oct 27, 2022
- Communications, Marketing and Public Relations
- Associations, Nonprofit
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Full Time
The Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology (FASEB) is a federation of scientific societies that advances health and well-being by promoting research and education in a biological and biomedical sciences through collaborative advocacy and service to our societies and their members.
FASEB is seeking a Marketing and Communications Manager to manage the day-to-day operation of marketing and communications initiatives to increase FASEB brand awareness, engage prospective attendees, and help FASEB reach its conference and business development goals. The Marketing and Communications Manager will report to the Director of Marketing and Communications.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates and executes strategic marketing plans in collaboration with Office of Scientific Meetings and Conferences (OSMC) to drive sales for FASEB’s various conference products (approximately 40-50 in-person and online conferences/year) and business development efforts. Performs a full range of hands-on tasks to execute marketing plans—including researching markets, writing, and deploying emails, working with graphic designers and other vendors, and assessing effectiveness of campaigns. Develops marketing promotions and materials for e-newsletters, press releases, publicity, social media, lead-generation campaigns, and other communications to promote and publicize registration and increase visibility for FASEB conferences and other events. Coordinates the placement of these materials as needed; tracks online metrics and reports them to stakeholders upon request. Provides backup support to implement and execute other strategic marketing plans and promotion, as needed and within budget for FASEB. Writes content for and oversees functionality of FASEB website/microsites through coordination with other departments. Ensures FASEB brand style is maintained on website/microsites. Participates in planning meetings to develop short- and long-term plans for continued growth and development of FASEB’s various conference products and business development efforts. Applies for exhibit space and orders accessories for exhibit booths. Arranges for travel, shipping, and lead retrieval within budget; travels to and exhibits at various meetings and events to represent and advertise FASEB. Working collaboratively with MarCom team members, maintains the FASEB brand style guide and other governing documents. Coordinates across departments to maintain the FASEB brand and maximize the visibility and effectiveness of various programs, in accordance with FASEB brand style guide Serves as secondary contact for marketing-related vendors for all departments.
Incumbent is expected to perform other duties as assigned by their immediate supervisor in support of the organization’s goals and FASEB’s needs.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and marketing experience. Master’s degree preferred 6+ years’ experience in event marketing and communications Knowledge of nonprofit association operations. Knowledge of scientific event marketing. Strong oral and written communication skills Strong interpersonal and customer services skills Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines Experience developing and implementing marketing campaigns Knowledge of layout and design Willingness to learn new systems and embrace new technologies
FASEB is comprised of passionate team members who do great work for our members each day, while still finding opportunities to have fun and support one another. We provide a remote-work environment in the Washington, D.C, metro area with occasional in-person meetings and activities in our Rockville, Maryland office.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits, including 403(b) retirement with employer contributions, insurance (medical, dental, vision, life, short- and long-term disability), free parking, and support for professional development activities.
For full consideration, visit https://www.faseb.org/employment. Please send a cover letter and salary requirements with your resume.
Individuals with Disabilities:
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact FASEB’s Human Resources Department at email@example.com.
To learn more about FASEB, please visit https://faseb.org/
FASEB is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.