At Appian, our marketers have the opportunity to tell stories of impact and innovation across a multitude of industries. Being a marketer at Appian means working with cool tech. It means coming up with creative ways to stand above the noise, then making it happen. It means working with amazing customer brands at the forefront of digital. Software that has a real impact on companies and consumers? At Appian, it's more than an empty promise. It's what we do.
Appian is seeking a Sr. Product Marketing Manager to drive go-to-market efforts for an emerging suite of government solutions built on the market-leading Appian Low-Code Platform. We are looking for a creative and passionate individual who has a proven track record of taking enterprise Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) offerings (preferably solutions) to market in dynamic high-growth settings.
Our ideal candidate will have familiarity with Public Sector marketing, including: Defense, Federal Civilian, and/or State & Local Government, while possessing a strong understanding of the technology ecosystem, including: business process automation, low-code application development, and case management.
*Targeting candidates in the DMV area who are comfortable coming into the office on a flexible, hybrid schedule (2+ days a week). To be successful in this role, you need:
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- A proven track record of taking enterprise SaaS offerings to market, preferably solutions, while driving and orchestrating the product launch process
- Strong technical and sales orientation. The ability to connect with and relate to both Product Management and Sales to act as the bridge between the two
- The ability to produce creative, memorable, high-impact marketing content in support of product launches and related initiatives
- To anchor on product positioning and messaging, being able to create crisp and compelling messages to capture the imagination of your target audience
- To collaborate across critical departments to drive stakeholder buy-in, act on real-time feedback and optimize an ongoing integrated marketing plan
- Upon joining us, you will attend an orientation with the option to be onsite at our company HQ
- An agile-led work environment where you will be challenged and your ideas will be heard
- A culture of debate, where every idea is a good idea and diverse opinions are welcomed
- A minimum of 5-7 years of progressive product marketing experience in high-tech, high-growth, preferably Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) environments. Public Sector experience required
- BA/BS degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. We value and encourage cross-departmental collaboration, and actively seek opportunities to better ourselves and others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we're focused on lasting positive change.