Here at Appian, we're passionate about technology. We love making it, and we love using it. Joining Appian Engineering will provide you with the opportunity to learn in an environment that values cross-functional collaboration and is committed to personal and professional growth. We want to revolutionize the way people work, and in doing so, we develop the Appian platform to be simple so our customers can thrive. We are leaders in complete automation, and the process automation group leads the development of specialized but integrated technologies to automate tasks or steps in a complex business process.
As a Senior Product Manager in Process Automation, your objective is to understand our customers needs and deliver end to end process automation capabilities, so they can operate their business processes more effectively and efficiently. You'll be embedded on a small team of engineers, interact with key business stakeholders and customers, and own the prioritized product backlog to ensure your team delivers high-quality software with each and every iteration.
Appian is headquartered in the McLean, Virginia area, and we are supportive of both Remote and Hybrid work environments. What You'll Do:
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- Prioritize what we should build and when by collaborating with customers and stakeholders on product vision and strategy.
- Define how features will work through close collaboration with engineers in design sessions, mockups, UX review, and usability testing.
- Manage your team's backlog through planning, backlog grooming, working with developers and fellow product managers.
- Write feature specifications for stakeholders to review.
- Ensure successful feature adoption by writing and reviewing documentation, tracking usage, and prioritizing enhancements after release.
- Operate as the Product Owner within a scrum team to drive execution of the product vision and delivery of high quality features.
- Collaborate with other roles to ensure product success, including but not limited to marketing, professional services, UX, software engineers, quality engineers, and technical writing.
- Mentor junior product managers.
- Interview product manager candidates.
Preferred Experience Level
- Within your first few weeks of joining us, you will attend new hire orientation along with our 2-day engineering bootcamp to ensure you are set up for success
- Access to over 1,000+ Udemy course, along with dedicated learning time to focus on areas you specifically would like to focus on as a programmer
- An agile-led work environment where you will be challenged and your ideas will be heard
- 4+ years of experience managing enterprise or SaaS software products in an agile software development environment, ideally as a Product Owner.
- Exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about building great product features and experiences.
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or related Engineering field
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. We value and encourage cross-departmental collaboration, and actively seek opportunities to better ourselves and others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we're focused on lasting positive change.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address. #LI-MB1 #LI-Remote