RequirementsConditions of Employment
- You will provide cost analysis support for complex defense weapon systems programs, including life cycle cost estimating, contract proposal evaluation, and Integrated Program Management (PM) analysis.
- You will conduct data collection, research, and analysis.
- You will analyze mission requirements and systems definitions to determine cost parameters, cost factors, and relationships to be utilized in constructing cost models.
- You will build quantitative models to predict the future cost of complex defense weapons systems.
- You will build analysis to help Navy leadership informed decisions concerning cost, budget, and schedule over the life cycle of Department of the Navy (DON) programs.
- You will comply with DoD and DON weapons system acquisition policies and cost analysis policies.
- You will participate on and lead parts of cost analysis and program office teams.
- You will assist in the training of entry-level analysts.
- You will communicate with acquisition program office staff, technical/engineering teams, defense contractors, and external government customers.
- You will convert mathematical analytical findings into well-articulated, concise written products, and complete detailed documentation of analytical data and methods.
- You will deliver oral and written presentations on findings, defending your analysis.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Per the preliminary nationwide injunction on E.O. 14043, COVID-19 vaccinations will not be implemented or enforced. For more information on vaccine status and workplace safety protocol requirements see Additional Information below.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (including marijuana) is required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if you fail to report to the drug test appointment or fail to pass the drug test.
- You will be subject to random drug testing.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain a final TS/SCI security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of security clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- You may be required to complete ethics orientation within three month of appointment and submit a Confidential Financial Disclosure, OGE-450, within 30 days of appointment.
Your resume must also demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-11/12 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following:GS-13
Successfully completed 1 year of specialized experience at the GS-12 grade level or equivalent under other pay systems in the Federal service applying quantitative data methods. Credible specialized experience includes: Performing and Developing data-centric analysis of the design, production and operations costs of major engineering products and processes with; overseeing analysis of data to evaluate risks and statistical uncertainty for product development, production, and business operations; creating analytical models; computer networking, experience with DoD contracting and acquisition process. Developing acquisition program life cycle cost estimates, providing inputs for Requests for Proposals contract/proposal cost evaluations, and providing Integrated Program Management (IPM) cost and schedule analysis to program managers or organizational leadership for complex defense weapon systems with minimal supervision.GS-12
Successfully completed 1 year of specialized experience at the GS-11 grade level or equivalent under other pay systems in the Federal service applying quantitative data methods. Credible specialized experience includes: Developing data-centric analysis of the design, production and operations costs of major engineering products and processes; analyzing data to evaluate risks and statistical uncertainty for product development, production, and business operations; experience with computer networking, and creating analytical models; experience with DoD contracting and acquisition process. Developing acquisition program life cycle cost estimates, providing inputs to Requests for Proposals contract/proposal cost evaluations, and providing Integrated Program Management (IPM) cost and schedule analysis to program managers or organizational leadership for complex defense weapon systems.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website:https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/1500/operations-research-series-1515/
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs. Relevant volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. Education
Degree: in Operations Research; or at least 24 semester hours in a combination of operations research, mathematics, probability, statistics, mathematical logic, science, or subject-matter courses requiring substantial competence in college-level mathematics or statistics. At least 3 of the 24 semester hours must have been in calculus.Transcripts proving education requirement must be submitted with application package. Additional informationCOVID VACCINATION INFORMATION:
To comply with the recent preliminary nationwide injunction on Executive Order 14043, Requiring Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination for Federal Employees, the Department of the Navy is not taking any action to implement or enforce the COVID-19 vaccination requirement. New hires will need to provide their vaccination status as well as comply with workplace safety protocols related to masking, physical distancing, testing, travel, and quarantine.
This position is in the excepted service and does not confer civil service competitive status.
this position is eligible for ad-hoc, situational telework at the discretion of the supervisor only.
Several vacancies may be filled.
A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if the selectee fails to meet the pre-employment requirements, including failure to report to any of the scheduled appointments.
Federal annuitant information: The selection of an annuitant is subject to the Department of Defense and Department of the Navy policy on the employment of annuitants. Policy information may be found at: http://www.secnav.navy.mil/donhr/Documents/CivilianJobs/FedCivAnnuitants.pdf .
If you claim veteran's preference, you will be required to submit supporting documentation with your application as described in the Required Documents section below.