As a Physician for CIA, you will provide medical care and advice to Agency employees and dependents and other Agency sponsored people. Utilizing your clinical expertise in a medical consultation model, you will help advance the CIA mission where it intersects with medical issues. Variability of medical resources around the world, access to care in different regions, and mission requirements are all at play in your efforts as an Agency Physician to deliver the best medical opinions possible. You'll work and coordinate with a global set of USG medical colleagues while delivering care in various countries and under a multiplicity of clinical scenarios.
The capacity and commitment to serve globally is essential. Physicians spend most of their careers serving in multi-year assignments in a variety of overseas locations, but some opportunities exist to serve in the Washington, DC, area.
As part of our team you will receive excellent benefits and a variety of medical and non-medical training will be provided. Sign on incentives and moving expenses are reimbursed. RequirementsConditions of Employment
- You must apply online, while in the United States.
- You must be a U.S. citizen and at least 18 years of age (dual-national U.S. citizens are eligible).
- You must be willing to move to the Washington, DC, area.
- You must successfully complete a thorough medical and psychological exam, a polygraph interview, and a comprehensive background investigation.
- CIA is a drug-free workforce. The issue of illegal drug use is carefully evaluated during the medical and security processing.
For further requirements information, please visit: https://www.cia.gov/careers/how-we-hire/requirements/ Qualifications
- Active unrestricted licensure as a physician in one or more states
- Active DEA registration
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA, including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
- Board certification in a primary care specialty, such as Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Preventive Medicine or Emergency medicine
- Board certification in Psychiatry
- Medical Degree or DO Degree from US Medical School
For more information on CIA careers and correct salary rates, visit https://www.cia.gov/careers
CIA Benefits: https://www.cia.gov/careers/working-at-cia/benefits/