Clearance Required:Top Secret SCI
US Citizenship:Required Summary The MIL Corporation
is seeking candidates for the Project Management, Associate
level position to support Federal Agency clients in the Northern Virginia area. This position will lead technical teams supporting networking projects spanning multiple security levels. This is a technical project management position requiring knowledge of Internet, computer, routers, switches, firewalls, and related IT technologies. Responsibilities
- Provides project planning and execution support to government program manager.
- Assists with day-to-day operational aspects of multiple sponsor projects.
- Develops and maintains Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), Plan of Actions and Milestones (POA&M), Project Plans, and other project management documentation.
- Documents system requirements and traceability.
- Contributes to Installation, Test, and Cutover Plans.
- Develops design review documents as part of the System Engineering Technical Review (SETR) process.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Facilitates team, client, and vendor meetings.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative solutions.
- Prepare and present oral and written reports defining plans, problems, and solutions.
- Represent MIL, its customers, and sponsors at flag-level briefings.
- Bachelor's degree in a business field or a related technical discipline.
- Seven (7) or more years of relevant experience.
- Experience with project management for network and related projects.
- Experience working on DoD engineering and technical services contracts.
- Ability to manage interdisciplinary teams on multiple projects at the same time.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Great attention to detail and organization skills.
- Willingness to travel. The duty location will be Northern Virginia. Sponsor meetings may require travel to remote locations CONUS and OCONUS. Installation events may require extended travel.
- Experience working in a classified environment
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Cable of problem-solving and presenting solutions for concurrence.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Per federal guidelines, you may be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or willingness to obtain vaccination
- Master's in a business field or a related technical discipline.
- DoD 8570.01 Level 2 Certification (e.g., Security+), or higher.
- Experience with engineering CSfC certified systems.
- Experience with Zero-Trust network design, multi-factor solutions, and related Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) security technologies.
- Experience with directory/authentication services (Azure Active Directory, On Premise AD, Global Directory, PKI).
- Experience supporting clients/users within DoD Community.
- Knowledge of hyperconverged infrastructure.
- Experience using Systems Engineering tools such as IBM Rational DOORS requirements management tool or Cameo Model-Based Systems Engineering (MSBE) tool.
Up to 20% of the time. Education
Bachelor's Degree, from an accredited college or university, in computer science, computer engineering, software engineering, network engineering, information systems, cyber security, management information systems technology or a closely related discipline. Six (6) years of work experience related to the position, or an Associate's Degree plus four (4) years of additional work experience related to the position, may be substituted for a Bachelor's Degree. Clearance
All applicants for this position must possess a Top Secret / SCI
Clearance; please note that the clearance process takes into account financial background aspects. Why MIL?
MIL is a dynamic workforce of industry professionals who deliver world-class solutions in cyber, engineering, financial management, and information technology - and we are looking for candidates like you. Whether you're fresh out of college or the military or well into your professional services career, MIL has great job opportunities that might be right for you.
Here at The MIL Corporation, we pride ourselves on the family-like environment instilled amongst our team. Our employees love working here, and it truly shows through our various recognitions & awards. Some of our most recent awards include:
- 2020, 2019, 2018, & 2017 Top Workplaces Award, The Washington Post (Washington, D.C.)
- 2020, 2017 Top Workplace Award, Greenville Business Magazine, Columbia Business Monthly, and Charleston Business Magazine (South Carolina)
- 2019 & 2018 Certified Great Workplace, Great Place to Work®
- 2018 Fortune, Great Place to Work: Best Place to Work for Diversity
- 2018, Above & Beyond Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
If your goal is to help the federal government deploy leading technologies, improve financial management, or defend the nation in cyberspace, The MIL Corporation welcomes you. Become a part of something greater, where you, the people, make the difference. The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.