Director of Marketing Advancement
Functional Title: Director of Marketing, Advancement
Position Number: 108367
The Director of Marketing, Advancement serves as the lead marketer for all development marketing initiatives campus-wide, to include Alumni Association and Fundraising Marketing campaigns. As part of the Office of Strategic Communications, the Director will serve as part of a collaborative team to protect and enhance the brand and reputation of the university.
The Director will develop and execute integrated plans to promote existing and future philanthropic giving. Working with colleagues in donor relations, development, colleges, schools, departments and university relations, the Director will develop overarching plans and bring together subject matter experts in Strategic Communications units to create integrated marketing strategies – including, but not limited to, creative design, media channel planning, programming and event activation – to increase awareness of, and participation in, campaign(s) dedicated to advancing the university.
The Director will oversee a team dedicated to developing, and executing, marketing strategy for the Alumni Association for each functional area, including but not limited to, advocacy, strategic initiatives, membership, students and recent graduate programming, campus relations, the alumni center, special events, professional and regional networks, affinity groups and outreach. The Director will develop best practices and use available research and data to develop marketing plans, strategies, and to assess outcomes and effectiveness.
The Director must be skilled at managing up, down and across various campus partners to ensure sound communication, coordination and delivery against milestones. He/she will use project management tools to assign responsibilities, manage deadlines, complete tasks and track results. In addition, this individual will manage the budget and prepare marketing presentations and performance reporting for all of the above, on a consistent basis.
Education (include licenses, certifications, etc.):
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, business, marketing, or another related field required.
- A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in marketing, public relations, development, campaign, communications, or related environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding project management skills.
- Ability to interact and motivate others.
- Strong budgeting (planning, estimating, cost containment) skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- High-energy and ability to interact with a wide range of individuals.
- Ability to be creative and an innovative thinker.
- Ability to advocate for the university.
- Availability to travel for conferences and university events.
- Experience with an integrated fundraising campaign.
- Supervisory experience.
How To Apply: https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/99877
For best consideration, qualified applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of at least three professional references as soon as possible, no later than Monday, October 3, 2022.