Are you passionate about building an equitable clean energy future? Join a team of like-minded professionals who are working to help state, local, and federal governments reduce energy use and combat the climate crisis. At ACEEE, you’ll support an organization that makes a difference and delivers energy savings to communities across the country. Join our growing team and help us work towards a 50% reduction in energy use by 2050.
The American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE), a leading nonprofit research organization based in Washington, DC, seeks a full-time Human Resources assistant. ACEEE conducts independent analysis and develops transformative policies to build a vibrant and equitable economy that uses energy more productively, protects the environment, and promotes the health, safety, and well-being of everyone.
ACEEE’s organizational culture is collaborative and team-oriented with a strong commitment to its mission. Staff work at an energetic pace within a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment with opportunities for professional growth and development. There is a high degree of workplace flexibility, with an emphasis on results, making ACEEE an enjoyable and fulfilling place to work. ACEEE is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion while integrating equity into our research and policy work.
ACEEE is looking for a self-motivated and detail-oriented individual to assist with and perform administrative tasks and services to support effective and efficient operations of ACEEE’s HR and Finance programs. The assistant will work closely with the Operations director and other ACEEE team members, in supporting the following functional areas: recruiting, onboarding, timesheets, finance tracking, and other HR and finance tasks.
Under supervision of the Operations director, the assistant will help with:
- Assist HR manager with recruiting candidates for open positions including interview scheduling, writing sample scheduling, and reference checks Assist HR manager in closing out recruiting process by ensuring all paperwork is in place (job posting, position description, signed offer, hiring matrix, resume)
- Assist with onboarding activities, sending out orientation emails, collecting I-9, and completing eVerify Assist with new hire orientation, including scheduling meetings for new hire’s first day
HR Administrative Assistance
- Assist HR manager with employee engagement activities, notifying supervisors of upcoming significant milestones, anniversaries, and birthdays of staff
- Track dates for performance evaluations, including 3-month and anniversary reviews of new hires, notify involved parties, and collect all paperwork once completed
- Collect all midyear and annual performance reviews, notifying HR manager of any outstanding reviews
- Perform certain maintenance in human resource information system (HRIS) including ensuring all employee levels, programs, and supervisors are current
- Assist with scheduling organizational meetings related to benefits enrollment
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation
- Follow up with staff to complete timesheets and reach out to staff as needed
- Assist with finance tracking for conferences and corporate ally program
- Track vacation and sick days
- Assist with tracking monthly gifting and relay updates to Development team
- Assist with setting up state withholding accounts and unemployment accounts
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple responsibilities
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Comfortable working in a multi-team environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and complete assigned tasks in a timely manner
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Proficient with or ability to quickly learn payroll management, human resource information system (HRIS), timekeeping, and similar computer applications
- Aptitude for numbers
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree in related field required
- One year HR experience
- One year accounting experience a plus
- Experience with Paylocity and/or Intacct preferred
- Experience with invoices preferred
Preferred Start Date: September 2022 and this position is based in Washington, DC. with the possibility of working from home 1-2 days a week.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience. Salary range is $44,452–$55,565 and includes ACEEE’s generous benefits package, which includes health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance coverage; a 403(b) retirement plan; transportation and bike share benefits; 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and 4 weeks thereafter.
To Apply: Click the link to use the Paylocity Recruitment portal. We do not accept phone calls or emails about the position.
Please let us know how you heard of this opening.
ACEEE is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination with regard to race, sex, color, age, religion, creed, class, sexual orientation, national origin, and disability. ACEEE is committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in its organization and encourages applicants with diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply.