The Software Engineer
will apply fundamental concepts, processes, practices, and procedures to technical assignments. Leveraging this level of skill, the Software Engineer will research, design, develop, and test operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software for medical, industrial, military, communications, aerospace, business, scientific, and general computing applications. Responsibilities
- Set operational specifications and formulate and analyze software requirements.
- Design embedded systems software.
- Apply principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis.
- Utilize well-defined software processes, such as Agile, to work in a rapid development environment as part of a development team.
- Develop integration code to connect and interface Geospatial systems and services.
- Develop solutions that utilize open standards and ICDs to promote interoperability through service-based architectures.
- Support the development and configuration of database systems.
- Analyze, fix, and document DRs on geospatial systems.
- Work with systems engineering and test teams to understand and develop solutions that address program requirements.
- Assist in software design and architecture decisions.
- Document design artifacts in architecture software, including class and sequence diagrams
- Update and document knowledge and best practices in common repositories such as Confluence Wiki.
- Participate in agile scrum teams through the agile process.
- Work with systems engineering and management to establish user stories and closure criteria.
- Participate in the software feature and story estimations using standard software estimation tools and practices.
- Contribute to and maintain a continuous integration environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline and 2+ years relevant experience OR
- Associate's Degree and 4+ years of relevant experience OR
- 6 + years of relevant experience
- Background check required
- The position requires a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief
- Ability to obtain a secret clearance
- Ability to work independently and yet be effective within a team setting
- Must be capable of managing multiple efforts with time-related constraints in a fast-paced contracting environment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with diverse internal and external stakeholder groups and individuals
- Friendly presence, helpful attitude, good interpersonal skills, and ability to work well with others
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and other Office applications
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications, and experience working in a home office setting as well as the ability to train end users on frequently asked technical issues
- Ability to provide technical assistance and support over the phone; good phone skills, professional demeanor, and previous customer service experience strongly desired
- Good problem-solving skills; ability to visualize a problem/situation and think abstractly to solve it
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program