Westat is an employee-owned corporation providing research services to agencies of the U.S. Government, as well as businesses, foundations, and state and local governments. Westat's research, technical, and administrative staff of more than 2,000 is located at our headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, near Washington, DC.
Westat is committed to building a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity, belonging and equity for all. We believe that our greatest strength draws on the different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives and experiences of our employees.
Westat has an immediate opening for a Study Manager to join our team of leading public health researchers conducting research and evaluation studies and providing technical assistance to measure and address health disparities and health equity in health promotion and disease prevention. The successful candidate will have experience in project management, program evaluation, and community-engaged research.
• Perform tasks for multiple qualitative or quantitative research studies, including input to survey design, managing data collection, and contributing to analysis and report writing.
• Perform basic analysis (e.g., frequencies and cross tabulations).
• Synthesize literature and drafts review.
• Perform coordinating center work including working with study collaborators and project staff to develop and implement study protocols, maintain study documents, prepare for meetings, and be responsible for project-related day-to-day study communications.
• Participate in business development activities including corporate-wide initiatives and proposal development.
• Contribute to report results for publication in peer-reviewed and technical journals.
• Bachelor's degree in Sociology or Public Health and 3 years of experience including at least 1 year of experience in public health research.
• Experience in maternal and child health and/or chronic disease
• Experience supporting community-engaged research or other equity research initiatives.
• Experience working in a contracting environment.
• Experience working in diverse communities.
• Experience working in an academic institution.
• Ability to communicate effectively, using generally accepted correspondence and report formats.
The successful candidate must have excellent attention to detail and be comfortable and effective working on multiple, complex tasks in close
coordination with others under limited direction, and have strong interpersonal and writing skills.
Westat offers a well-rounded and comprehensive benefits program focused on wellness and work/life balance. Eligible employees may participate in:
• Employee Stock Ownership Plan
• 401(k) Retirement Plan
• Paid Parental Leave
• Vacation Leave
• Sick Leave
• Holiday Leave
• Professional Development
• Health Advocate
• Employee Assistance Program
• Travel Accident Insurance
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Short Term Disability Insurance
• Long Term Disability Insurance
• Life and AD&D Insurance
• Critical Illness Insurance
• Supplemental Life Insurance
• Flexible Spending Account
• Health Savings Account
Protecting the health and safety of our employees and survey participants is a top priority for Westat. As a federal government contractor, Westat will require Westat staff, regardless of work location, to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon hire and to follow all safety protocols, subject to approved accommodations under applicable law.
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or any other protected status under applicable law.