IT Coordinator, Production Control Coordinator
Position #: 106504
The Coordinator position within the Mainframe, Storage, and Application Services unit within the Division of Information Technology (DIT) at the University of Maryland, College Park, performs various duties within the Production Control unit. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: builds and designs production schedules; monitors the production status; processes daytime batch requests in QA and production; and, moves mainframe and open source modules in QA and production environments. This is an overnight full-time position, midnight to 8 am, with a schedule that runs through the weekend. The incumbent must be willing, able, and available to participate in a regular on-call rotation, work occasional off-hours, and respond to emergencies when the need arises.
- 4 years of IT operations, batch administration, or IT service desk experience working in an enterprise environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work within a team to prioritize and complete daily tasks, as well as to work independently.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Working knowledge of data processing usage and language.
- Ability to work effectively remotely.
- Able to instruct, direct, assist, guide, and share information with both technical and non-technical personnel alike.
- Experience working with BMC Control-M job scheduler
- Experience working with CA-Scheduler job scheduler
- Experience with the following job schedulers is welcome: Informatica, AWS Scheduler
- Experience resolving batch processing job failures on a z/OS mainframe
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of JCL.
- Knowledge and familiarity of Production Control and Operations functions and software.
- Ability to analyze problems and select corrective action.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in written memos and reports.
- Ability to work and learn independently of direct supervision.
- Medical, dental and coverage designed to help you and your family live a healthy lifestyle.
- Flexible work opportunities
- UMCP Tuition Remission for employees, and their dependents to grow and achieve greatness.
- Generous paid time off package to address work/life balance and maintain well-being.
- Retirement Benefits created to aid employees in reaching future retirement goals.
- And many more…
Salary range is $50,000 – $58,000.
**This position does not provide sponsorship for Visas.
Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
Work is performed in an office environment and requires the ability to operate standard office equipment and keyboards. Must have the ability to walk short distances, and/or drive a vehicle to deliver and pick up materials.
Best consideration date: 10/03/2022 or open until filled
Please apply at: https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/99738
Vaccine protocol: The University of Maryland has made the safety of our students, faculty and staff, and our surrounding communities a top priority. As part of that commitment, the University System of Maryland (USM) recently announced that students, faculty, and staff on USM campuses this fall, including UMD, are required to be vaccinated against COVID. As a prospective and/or a new employee at UMD, you will be required to comply with the University’s vaccination protocol. Proof of full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work at any University of Maryland location. Prospective or new employees may seek a medical or religious exemption to the vaccination requirement at return.umd.edu and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Failure to provide proof of vaccination or to obtain approval for a medical or religious exemption will result in the offer of employment being rescinded.
Background Check: Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background check. Information reported by the background check will not automatically disqualify you from employment.