The success of The Washington Post demands success in the live event/programming, digital, & mobile arena. We have established ourselves as leaders in developing advertising solutions that range from branded content to data partnerships. We work to establish strategic partnerships with our clients informed by deep insights and great ideas. Within the Leadership team specifically we provide expertise in all things advocacy, issue, government/public affairs, and political. We are looking for a dynamic, senior sales professional with consultative sales experience to join our Leadership Client Partner team.
What the successful candidate will bring to the table: a strong willingness to deeply understand and navigate a client's business; a deep understanding of the Washington DC policy landscape and how DC decisions ripple throughout the country and the world; a disciplined approach to maintaining daily sales activity levels; ability to sell ideas; the ability to prospect and acquire new business; masterful presentation skills; and a proven track record in building and sustaining client-based relationships. We'll also need you to be on the lookout for emerging trends within the digital industry, to think beyond The Washington Post's current digital product lines for the next big thing, and to develop relationships outside the typical media buying chain-all to drive incremental sales that will meet and exceed our goals.Motivations
- You think proactively and love to help clients find solutions.
- You are results and customer service driven
- You thrive in the fast-paced work of the DC leadership market
- You love to build relationships both internally and externally to ensure the best client experience.
- You are passionate about journalism and have an understanding and interest in politics and policy
- You have proven your ability to multitask and work effectively in a high-packed, ever-changing environment.
- Sell premium digital advertising products to a varied client base through direct client and agency engagement.
- Establish relationships with clients to understand their business needs and goals.
- Create customized solutions and close sales for retained/incremental revenue
- Uncover new opportunities while remaining steadfast with your current client list
- Communicate and report sales plans and actions taken to management
- Deeply understand industry trends as they pertain to your clients
- Employ an entrepreneurial and creative approach to your business
- Collaborate with internal partners effectively
- Attend outside functions as needed
The Post strives to provide its readers with high-quality, trustworthy news and information while constantly innovating. That mission is best served by a diverse, multi-generational workforce with varied life experiences and perspectives. All cultures and backgrounds are welcomed.
- 3+ years of experience in media
- Bachelor's degree
- Understanding and Interest in the Leadership Vertical in DC
- Strong presentation and in-person sales skills and a proven record of accomplishment in building and sustaining client/agency relationships
- Knowledge of digital media market and the ability to respond effectively to market direction, client needs and competition
- A strong business development focus, willing to self-start and prospect to uncover new business
- Ability to establish rapport, develop credibility and sell ideas to senior management
- A strong, professional, goal-oriented work ethic and a track record of meeting quarterly/annual goals
- A desire to manage the entire sales process (including prospecting, acquiring new business and maintaining relationships)
The innovation doesn't end in the Newsroom - dozens of teams power The Washington Post
. We are now hiring the next innovator - how will you Impact Tomorrow