The Washington Post is looking for a veteran media manager to lead performance marketing for the growing Brand team. This person will develop a dynamic media mix to launch Post people, products and content to receptive audiences on social, search, video, out of home and owned media channels.Motivations
- You are on the cutting edge of promotional media planning and optimization.
- You can execute campaigns across various ad platforms without the help of an external agency.
- You've developed marketing campaigns with various goals, platforms and partners and can practically do it in your sleep.
- You're excited about brand marketing that looks for creative ways to surprise and intrigue larger audiences of information seekers and encourage them to develop a reading habit.
- Plan and execute innovative paid and owned media plans to promote launches including new site sections, podcasts and major newsroom investments to drive registration and lift brand metrics.
- Elevate content promotion tactics to efficiently drive usage and newsletter enrollment.
- Devise targeted, inventive media experiments to make viral moments bigger and produce greater viewership, shares and buzz.
- Lead strategic paid search campaigns that drive traffic and create brand lift.
- Evaluate and optimize campaign strategy and investments, working with Analytics and external partners to develop reporting.
- Communicate results, insights and recommendations to internal partners and the greater team.
- Lead relationships with internal and external media partners, devising long-term planning and larger agreements that confer benefits such as lower rates and beta testing opportunities.
- Serve as a media expert to a variety of internal partners with and for whom you develop campaigns, including Newsroom, Community, the Next Generation group and Product.
The Post strives to provide its readers with high-quality, trustworthy news and information while constantly innovating. That mission is best served by a diverse, multi-generational workforce with varied life experiences and perspectives. All cultures and backgrounds are welcomed.
- 4-6 years experience planning and executing paid media campaigns including a combination of social, search, video and display.
- 3+ years at a major media agency such as Group M, Omnicom, Kepler, Horizon, Havas.
- Experience building direct relationships with paid media platforms e.g. Meta, Google, Twitter, Reddit, Tik Tok, Snap.
- Experience providing regular communications on campaign strategy, progress and insights to your team and internal and external partners.
- Certifications in platforms such as Google Analytics, Facebook Ad Platforms, Tag Manager strongly preferred.
- Ability to execute media independently and flawlessly and manage multiple campaigns and initiatives concurrently.
- Proactive self-starter who can discover and assess new media and marketing opportunities and take calculated risks.
- Team player; sense of humor preferred.
- Bachelor's degree
The innovation doesn't end in the Newsroom - dozens of teams power The Washington Post
. We are now hiring the next innovator - how will you Impact Tomorrow